Manchester Nightlife

A A

Anonymous

Reading the 5th Ave thread it got me thinking. Why has Manchester's nightlife become so shit? There's nowhere decent to go anymore, the indie clubs are full of students with southern accents, the r'n'b and dance clubs are full of orange skin, stuck up, money is everything pouters and the chain bars/clubs are full of dicks who have come to "Manc" for a big sesh from Bolton, Bury, Wigan.

It's become a mini London over the years, full of people making statements rather than having a good time. It dawned on me that i haven't been town for ages and i'm not the least bit arsed.

it's time we took our nightlife back, fuck off the students and stuck up twats.

Welcome to the good ship my house!

We provide the finest smoking materials this side of Amsterdam. There's a room for you to lock yourself away in if you find the drugs to be too overwhelming.

I have my ipod on shuffle, you're in safe hands.

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...

TheMightyQuinn said:

We provide the finest smoking materials this side of Amsterdam. There's a room for you to lock yourself away in if you find the drugs to be too overwhelming.

Fuck that for a game of toy soilders, rather hang around with these lads in the printworks

guidos.jpg

Immaculate Pasta said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Fuck that for a game of toy soilders, rather hang around with these lads in the printworks

guidos.jpg

Hahaha, what a bunch of knobs. I agree about Manchester's nightlife though. I have only been to a nightclub once this year because of the reasons you said earlier. I am turning into a pub man thesedays. Daytime drinking is the way forward I think. Come nightfall everywhere fills with idiots who think they are 10-men and want to fight, and as much as I would like to teach them some manners they are usually in groups of 10. I like my face, it's not much to write home about but it's my own

Get yourself down to marble arch for a sunday session mate,friendly staff,decent people and the list of ales and lagers on offer is tip top.The menu looked shit hot but i didn't eat anything.Defo worth a look if you want to avoid the scrotes from the printworks.

Immaculate Pasta said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

guidos.jpg

Now that is an insult!

I could guarantee no twats like that would be anywhere near my house aka ye house.

If you want a good night out in town, you will get one. It's not where you go, it's who you go with, and if everyone's up for it, you'll have a right buzz! I go out at least twice a week in MCR and go all different clubs, not had a bad night for ages.

The Brickhouse is the only indie club i've been in lately mostly mid-late 30's cracking old school music.

Been 5th avenue 2 or 3 times makes me feel like i'm hanging around outside a playground

Are you serious? Manchester has got some of the best nightlife in this country. Sankeys got voted in the top 5 clubs in the world not long ago, then for half the year you have got the amazing warehouse project. Then there's club v on deansgate which has been going strong for 11 years every Saturday, Venus is about to open a new club near Harvey nics then if you're more into indie you've got 42 street and south. Not to mention all the bars round northern quarter or the likes of deaf institute and mojo. You've got live music venues like Moho live and the new fac251 plus the boardwalk has just reopened. None of these places are full of students or nob heads, in the 12 years or so I've been going to these places I can't remember one fight. Look around rather than moan, there's shit loads to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.