Manchester v Liverpool

Toffeedude

Team supported
Everton, but a cheer for City
Just wondering what people's opinions are about both cities? There is a lot of rivalry between us both and that is understandable due to how close we are to each other in location. Sometimes there is bad blood and this is what tends to get reported, though I know we also get along pretty well.

I am from Liverpool, I live there, work there, and was born there. I like my city. It has it bad spots like everywhere else, but since 2008 it has began to grow again. Not too sure about the glass towers that keep popping up alongside the river, but on the whole it is a nice city centre. We are certainly a lot more than The Beatles, though we are proud of them. I like Manchester, again a city that has regenerated in recent times. I I like Salford Quays, nice place to walk around. I have visited the city many times. I even had a Manchester girlfriend when I was younger. We went out for around 18 months. I like Manchester people, and I tend to end up mixing with them when I am on holiday, but I guess a lot of us do.

I think we have a lot in common, our port and docks and you factories and mills needed one another. the canals, ship canal, over 10% of those who died fighting for the British in WW1 came from the North west area, both suffered in the blitz, both have proud working class backgrounds, both have a history of fighting for what they believe in, the music scenes of both cities is pretty amazing, the M62, the banter, both have footy teams in red who think they are better than anyone else.

We have our bad things and idiot people as well, but I like both cities. Then again, I just like people and could not give two fecks where anyone is from. I only dislike evil people and idiots. I can even abide a few kopites and manure fans (Though I have my limits) Our cities have a lot of proud histories, we also have some bad history, and neither should be forgotten

I posted this after the Livarpool thread got a few slavery comments and thought it better to discuss those things elsewhere (here) and leave that thread for Kopite fun. Hope you don't mind me starting one here.

We all have our own opinions and are entitled to them. Just wondering what everyone thinks of each city? I know there are a few Scousers on here as well. I am all up for micky taking, hatred I will ignore.

I do waffle on sorry

Just wondering what people's opinions are about both cities? There is a lot of rivalry between us both and that is understandable due to how close we are to each other in location. Sometimes there is bad blood and this is what tends to get reported, though I know we also get along pretty well.

I am from Liverpool, I live there, work there, and was born there. I like my city. It has it bad spots like everywhere else, but since 2008 it has began to grow again. Not too sure about the glass towers that keep popping up alongside the river, but on the whole it is a nice city centre. We are certainly a lot more than The Beatles, though we are proud of them. I like Manchester, again a city that has regenerated in recent times. I I like Salford Quays, nice place to walk around. I have visited the city many times. I even had a Manchester girlfriend when I was younger. We went out for around 18 months. I like Manchester people, and I tend to end up mixing with them when I am on holiday, but I guess a lot of us do.

I think we have a lot in common, our port and docks and you factories and mills needed one another. the canals, ship canal, over 10% of those who died fighting for the British in WW1 came from the North west area, both suffered in the blitz, both have proud working class backgrounds, both have a history of fighting for what they believe in, the music scenes of both cities is pretty amazing, the M62, the banter, both have footy teams in red who think they are better than anyone else.

We have our bad things and idiot people as well, but I like both cities. Then again, I just like people and could not give two fecks where anyone is from. I only dislike evil people and idiots. I can even abide a few kopites and manure fans (Though I have my limits) Our cities have a lot of proud histories, we also have some bad history, and neither should be forgotten

I posted this after the Livarpool thread got a few slavery comments and thought it better to discuss those things elsewhere (here) and leave that thread for Kopite fun. Hope you don't mind me starting one here.

We all have our own opinions and are entitled to them. Just wondering what everyone thinks of each city? I know there are a few Scousers on here as well. I am all up for micky taking, hatred I will ignore.

I do waffle on sorry
I hope you are prepared to swap your shell suit for a galvanized suit of armour, especially in off topic, pal; )

I hope you are prepared to swap your shell suit for a galvanized suit of armour, especially in off topic, pal; )

Never wore a shell suit bud.

As I said I like both cities, some people don't from both sides. But I do and I am interseted in opinions.

Any Mancunians who don’t like Scousers and vice versa probably lead sheltered lives or , at best, don’t know that many folk from either City.
There’s a lot of similarities between the two cities .
Social media and football rivalry aside , most of us would get on .

Any Mancunians who don’t like Scousers and vice versa probably lead sheltered lives or , at best, don’t know that many folk from either City.
and accent.

I have actually left a job because someone had the accent.

Like most things if you take what some say online into real life you'd end up sounding like an utter fruitcake.
Can you really imagine hating a city and it's people so much (this translates everywhere) then heading to the city and being a c*nt to the locals for no reason whatsoever. These things just boil up on social media and in the taverns of the past. I'm amazed at some who condemn Liverpool having never been there and themselves emanating from (potentially) inferior places. Nuts.
Bad management over the years in Liverpool and swathes may need a decent refurb (as we have experience in Manchester). Liverpool is a great city and wholly different in many regards to Manchester...but the people are more similar than many think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.