Manchester Xmas market thread

Used to enjoy the markets and the kids love going for the food, but seems some of the stall holders know it's a license to rip people off. I know these guys have costs etc but some of the prices are crazy. A few years ago the Mrs wanted to buy a stollen cake, woman was going to charge us £8 until my Mrs noticed the packet had Edeka(cheap German supermarket) label on the back. Mrs had massive argument with stall holder as unfortunately for the stall holder the wife speaks fluent German and previous Christmas we'd been to Edeka to buy stollen (1 Euro a Packet) which we brought over when we were visiting family.

You sound a patient jovial fella to be around :)
I wasn’t put on this planet to walk around in the fucking freezing cold mate. It’s why I’ve spent over half my 44 years living in sunnier climes where my joviality shines as brightly as the big orange ball in the sky that you only see twice a year!! :-)

Used to enjoy the markets and the kids love going for the food, but seems some of the stall holders know it's a license to rip people off. I know these guys have costs etc but some of the prices are crazy. A few years ago the Mrs wanted to buy a stollen cake, woman was going to charge us £8 until my Mrs noticed the packet had Edeka(cheap German supermarket) label on the back. Mrs had massive argument with stall holder as unfortunately for the stall holder the wife speaks fluent German and previous Christmas we'd been to Edeka to buy stollen (1 Euro a Packet) which we brought over when we were visiting family.

Proof if you go to the markets, you will have your money stollen by the stall holders.

Not keen on the Xmas Market tbh, but much prefer it to going to see James as that is a proper waste of money and about as enjoyable as a season ticket at Old toilet

Going to see James at the Arena on 3rd December so will no doubt have a bit of a wander around it then.
It wasn't on last year for obvious reasons and I didn't go at all in 2019 so this will be the first time in 3 years I'll have gone so I'm actually quite looking forward to it.
Did you enjoy the gig mate? One of the best I’ve been to. The Arena is terrible though. Roll on Coop Live.

Not keen on the Xmas Market tbh, but much prefer it to going to see James as that is a proper waste of money and about as enjoyable as a season ticket at Old toilet
I went to see James and can vouch that they are in no way a waste of money. They were excellent and get better every time I see them. Throw in Happy Mondays as support and easily worth the £40 ticket price but, I’ve never been to old toilet, so I’ll have to take your word for that ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.