Manchini's statements - Anyone a bit miffed?

B B

BLUEMATT23

This is not a BM out thread, he has my 100% support & I believe he will deliver for us. However mind games or not I have to say I have been frustrated this week by him.

Regarding tomorrow's game: He says five games in that Chelsea WILL win the league, ok he may be right. This statement may work in many ways for us but does it really signal a good confidence booster for the players? & is it something that the owners want to hear after the first month of the season?.

Yes it's a long shot that we will win the league, this season may be far too soon, but only before the season he said we have a chance, has he now changed his mind & we have now no chance?,

I won' go into the Carling Cup but to me if he can't maintain a consistent stance his integrity will quickly drain away in my eyes.

BLUEMATT23 said:
This is not a BM out thread, he has my 100% support & I believe he will deliver for us. However mind games or not I have to say I have been frustrated this week by him.

Regarding tomorrow's game: He says five games in that Chelsea WILL win the league, ok he may be right. This statement may work in many ways for us but does it really signal a good confidence booster for the players? & is it something that the owners want to hear after the first month of the season?.

Yes it's a long shot that we will win the league, this season may be far too soon, but only before the season he said we have a chance, has he now changed his mind & we have now no chance?,

I won' go into the Carling Cup but to me if he can't maintain a consistent stance his integrity will quickly drain away in my eyes.

I stopped reading there. Go watch the video again.

I think people read too much into managers pre-match comments, our pissed-up nemesis across the way was saying we could be a threat once the new signings settled in - how often do we get praise from him? It's all smoke and mirrors IMO.

Don't let Matt Le Tissier's opinion confuse you, tomorrow's Soccer Saturday will only add to it. Did you seriously think we're going to win the PL this season?

No but it's frustrating that in August he says "we can we the pl" and then a few weeks later says "chelsea will win it", all I want is if he is going to say something or declare something make it consistent

Don't let Matt Le Tissier's opinion confuse you, tomorrow's Soccer Saturday will only add to it. Did you seriously think we're going to win the PL this season?

BLUEMATT23 said:

A great way for Mancini to foster this winning mentality he often goes on about. He shouldn't have said it in my opinion and he's not established enough in English football to play mind games yet. It sends out the wrong message to the players who were told before the season we are going for the title........i think it is called waving the white flag and i doubt the owners who have high aspirations are pleased by it......and we are only in september............yeah, to any football fan with a brain Chelsea probably will win [stroll] the league but you don't expect your manager to admit it when you are trying to aspire to what they are achieving........slate me guys.........you know you want to..........

BLUEMATT23 said:
No but it's frustrating that in August he says "we can we the pl" and then a few weeks later says "chelsea will win it", all I want is if he is going to say something or declare something make it consistent

Firstly i don't think those were his exact words on either occassion and secondly there's no way he would've known we'd be hit with all these injuries at this point which clearly affect our chances of staying close to the top. I doubt you'll be worried about these ''inconsistencies'' if we win tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.