Mancini (cont)

Pam

NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Because Chelsea have blown their season early doors and Arsenal have fell off the radar, that's why!

As for 3-5-2. Have you noticed Kolo looks comfortable with 4 at the back, same with Clichy. Have you seen them play when we go with 3 at the back? They suddenly become Reading level defenders. Why? because they have little confidence and understanding of the formation.

Do you not think professional footballers should be capable of playing more than just one formation? I think De Boer said something about being amazed at the players not doing their job properly.

Of course. That's a good question but so is a professional manager setting up hsi team so that they can play confidently in other formations. The players clearly weren't comfortable and in-game Mancini changed formations 2-3 times. That's clearly an unstable tactic, any misunderstanding and confusion will lead errors.

How do you know that Mancini didn't put a restriction on them though? Keep shape etc.

-- Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:19 pm --

Pam said:
Reigning champions. FA Cup winners two years ago. Another semi coming up at the weekend. Will the Bobby backers just fuck off.

I wish you would.

Inane diatribe and insults.

Where were you when Jose beat Barcain the cups?

Where was I when Jose beat Barcain the cups? I really couldn't say.

Re: Mancini

karen7 said:
at the risk of being shouted down,please can you cut out the mancini bashing for one day,its derby day for fucks sake,get behind the team,tear him a new one tomorrow if we lose

That would be reactionary.

Tonight changes nothing except us potentially taking the gloss of their title win. We will have bragging rights but the better brag will be theirs when they lift the trophy.

I am behind the team, 100%, just not the manager. I want the best and imo that's not Mancini, why is this hard for people to accept? Why is at a taboo topic that's greeted with insult and abuse?

For the record if I was Mancini I would start with a reserve team and save big guns for FA Cup. Fuck all is won tonight and a reserve team loss would not be hard to take where as a loss tonight will hinder us in the semi imo. The title is lost, so why risk our only chance of silverware?

moomba said:
OB1 said:
moomba said:
Do you not think professional footballers should be capable of playing more than just one formation? I think De Boer said something about being amazed at the players not doing their job properly.
Top players should be flexible but it does not mean they don't have limitations and it is the manager's job to identify if that is the case and manage accordingly. It is the manager who has to ensure his players are properly prepared.

If Kolo and Clichys limitations are that they aren't capable of playing a formation other than 442 we probably need to start looking for replacements.

Managers are judged on results and successes, and ultimately Mancini will carry the can for things that don't work. But my problem with a lot of the argument on here is that people don't look beyond Mancini when handing out the blame and for me a lot of the blame goes to players failing to carry out pretty basic football functions.
Kolo, fair enough.

But Clichy is no centre half. He doesn't have the build, the ability or the physicality to play there. So it's no wonder he looks out of place.

Similarly with Milner at wing back. He has a lot of strengths, but he doesn't possess the out and out pace a wing back needs to keep bombing backwards and forwards.

it would seem that Mancini, instead of devising a system designed to get the best of the players he has, picked a system out and tried to put square pegs in round holes. Especially at Everton.

FWIW my biggest criticism of 532/352 has been using Clichy or (to a lesser extent) Zaba as one of the central three and not at wingback where they are more suited. So I'm not putting all the blame for the lack of success using that formation on the players.

moomba said:
OB1 said:
moomba said:
Top players should be flexible but it does not mean they don't have limitations and it is the manager's job to identify if that is the case and manage accordingly. It is the manager who has to ensure his players are properly prepared.

If Kolo and Clichys limitations are that they aren't capable of playing a formation other than 442 we probably need to start looking for replacements.

Managers are judged on results and successes, and ultimately Mancini will carry the can for things that don't work. But my problem with a lot of the argument on here is that people don't look beyond Mancini when handing out the blame and for me a lot of the blame goes to players failing to carry out pretty basic football functions.

There we go again, selling players again to bring in new yet people want stability. I can't get my head around this. Stability is on the field and not just off it.

Clichy is a fine LB and that's his position. He isn't a CB. Kolo should do better but it's a career first I believe. He's always been a CB and played in a 4 man defence.

Pam said:
NipHolmes said:
Pam said:
Reigning champions. FA Cup winners two years ago. Another semi coming up at the weekend. Will the Bobby backers just fuck off.

I wish you would.

Yeah that dig puzzled me as well. What has Jose or Barca in the cups got to do with anything?

Bluemoon115 said:
moomba said:
OB1 said:

Kolo, fair enough.

But Clichy is no centre half. He doesn't have the build, the ability or the physicality to play there. So it's no wonder he looks out of place.

Similarly with Milner at wing back. He has a lot of strengths, but he doesn't possess the out and out pace a wing back needs to keep bombing backwards and forwards.

it would seem that Mancini, instead of devising a system designed to get the best of the players he has, picked a system out and tried to put square pegs in round holes. Especially at Everton.

I agree with you on Clichy (posted before I read this post).

As for the Everton game I see it more as a failure of the players to match their commitment, effort and courage than any tactical failure. You could see it from early in the game and I don't reckon it would have mattered what tactics we used, we would have been outfought on the day. Same against Southampton.

And of course, ultimately Mancini carries the can for that. But for me it's another example of all the blame being put on Mancini when in reality there are plenty that let us down on the day.

Bluemoon115 said:
moomba said:
OB1 said:

Kolo, fair enough.

Posted before me. Spot on.

Formation should suit players, not players to suit a formation. You work with what you have and try to get the best balance possible. Unsure back lines with a deep lying midfield will bring problems.

NipHolmes said:
There we go again, selling players again to bring in new yet people want stability. I can't get my head around this. Stability is on the field and not just off it.

Clichy is a fine LB and that's his position. He isn't a CB. Kolo should do better but it's a career first I believe. He's always been a CB and played in a 4 man defence.

I don't think we should sell Clichy and I would like us to sign up Kolo for another year. But I don't think they are as incapable of adapting to different formations as you do.

BobKowalski said:
Pam said:
NipHolmes said:
I wish you would.

Yeah that dig puzzled me as well. What has Jose or Barca in the cups got to do with anything?

Well considering she'd drag anyone over hot coals earlier in season who wanted him, funny how she went awol?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.