Mancini (cont)

Rammy Blue said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Rammy Blue said:
Because we've underperformed for 2 consecutive seasons at City in the chumps?
The "otherwise successful" bit gives him some leeway imho.

Absolutely. Although it remains to be seen whether the owner and Ferran/Txiki will view it that way at the end of the season.

We may well, and should, win the FA Cup this season. Bob may well choose to depart, leaving on a high, due to the club wanting to take a different managerial direction/structure.

Who knows?

I'm easy about it all. What will be, will be. Very confident we will make some outstanding additions to the squad in the summer and whoever our manager is will have a great side to manage next season.

Nothing wrong with having a debate about it though.
I'm kind of the same, but I certainly have a preference. We won't know until we are told, but I'd rather Mancini not leave on the relative high of the FA Cup, I'd feel he should have stayed and done more if that happened. Ce sera sera, but given all the mangaerial movement currently, given FFP and a new DoF for this season, and given Mancini wins things, imho we'd be a laughing stock if we bumped Mancini, at this stage, for anyone. Now isn't the time to consider a change, imo it'd be too disruptive, at the moment we are well on course.

Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:
Ric said:
No idea about Mancini (although if I was a gambling man I'd say he'll get another season), but regardless I wouldn't give any credence to a Mail transfer rumour.
Exactly
And i dont think he would be 8/1 to join us like he currently is,if the deal was close
Daily fail bollocks.

It's worth a wager at that price mate, he wanted him last year but he wasn't attainable.

If Mancini stays on i fully expect Cavani to be wearing a City shirt next season

What makes things interesting is Monaco are also sniffing around him, is that telling us something or am i reading too much into it?

It could well be worth a bet dan and i'd jumping through hoops if he came
I still dont believe anything the fail writes re transfers.

The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:
Exactly
And i dont think he would be 8/1 to join us like he currently is,if the deal was close
Daily fail bollocks.

It's worth a wager at that price mate, he wanted him last year but he wasn't attainable.

If Mancini stays on i fully expect Cavani to be wearing a City shirt next season

What makes things interesting is Monaco are also sniffing around him, is that telling us something or am i reading too much into it?

They wrote a story about Aguero coming not so long ago ;-)

Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:

They've written plenty since then, about him leaving too :-)

Danamy said:
The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:

Right fuck it £50 Cavani 8/1 :)

Oh and mancini into 4/9 to start the first game of the season in charge.

Yaya_Tony said:
Goose_Grease said:
Pablo1 said:
Well Mancini didn't do too bad with limited resources at Fiorentina and Lazio, winning trophies at both before going to inter and winning trophies there then coming to city and.. Well I think you get the point.
I'm glad he's no Pellegrini because as it stands I enjoy going to cup finals and winning leagues.
Every club in Italy has had limited resources for the best part of a decade, domestic achievements there do not compare to both domestic and Champions League success in Spain. Considering the team we field week in week out compared to the rags', an FA Cup success is meager.
Just to clarify, winning absolutely nothing (except the Intertoto) doesn't count as "both domestic and Champions League success in Spain".

Back home, there is only 2 top trophies on offer (though I wouldn't mind the mickey mouse to complete the set), and we've won both under Mancini. The FA Cup is not meagre, it is the oldest and best cup competition in the world. And it isn't won yet, we are merely in the final match of it.

I'll agree that our first choice man for man team is better than the scum, unfortunately in sport sometimes it doesn't always work out and luck has a lot to do with it no matter how well you prepare. But we can accept that, unlike the scum. Last year still hurts for them, it hurts bad, which is why they've had such a good season (in the league) so far imo. I don't expect them to find it so easy next season. Meanwhile we will improve aspects of our side and we'll do it all over again, and currently we sit in second despite the "disaster" of a season we have had so far. Even with the money, it could be a helluva lot worse. Better the devil you know for the outers, for the inners, well we were and are behind him anyway. Because in the view of many he has been the catalyst between the money and the success.
So a second place La Liga finish and reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League with what was then the Spanish equivalent of contemporary West Brom does not count as a success? Taking Malaga into the Champions League in his first full season, then being a few minutes and an offside goal vs Dortmund away from a debut semi-finals under financial pressure does not count as a success?

Perhaps with regards to the FA Cup not being meager you are right. I mean we are joining such illustrious recent former finalists as Millwall, Stoke City, West Ham, Portsmouth, Cardiff City, Wigan in our appearance next month, those teams could just as easily get to the final of the Champions League or top two in the Premiership couldn't they?

As for your points about luck and so forth, we have by far a stronger squad than the rags, luck evens itself out over the season and the lack of consistency this year falls on the manager.

Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
Rammy Blue said:
I know it's a pipe dream but could you imagine Cavani, Aguero and Bale as a front three, would be awesome.

It's no pipe dream mate, the reality of it all could be Cavani central with Tevez and Aguero either side.........Boom!

I'd prefer Bale though for the explosive pace. Carlos would be decent back-up. ;-)

DaffyDuck-Fap.gif

Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
Blue Haze said:
Even if Mancini goes, there are few managers who will refuse Cavani. He's wanted by pretty much everyone in Europe.

I think Txiki will only spend big on players who will be useful no matter who is manager. Cavani is one.

That's a fair point, especially if we are looking at going 4-3-3 as Cavani is used to playing in that formation with Napoli

I know it's a pipe dream but could you imagine Cavani, Aguero and Bale as a front three, would be awesome.

jeez, that would be unreal. we've probably missed any opportunity we ever had to get the latter though

dref619 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
That's a fair point, especially if we are looking at going 4-3-3 as Cavani is used to playing in that formation with Napoli

jeez, that would be unreal. we've probably missed any opportunity we ever had to get the latter though

I disagree about missing out on Bale. If for example Bayern do come in for him then I reckon we would enter the bidding war. We won't want to make the first move though as Levy would have our pants down.

Rammy Blue said:
dref619 said:
Rammy Blue said:

I disagree about missing out on Bale. If for example Bayern do come in for him then I reckon we would enter the bidding war. We won't want to make the first move though as Levy would have our pants down.

yeah i think there'd be no doubt we'd get involved if he was leaving spurs. can't see him anywhere else but madrid after spurs now though. unless they get neymar, which would open a move for bale, falcao/cavani and let us keep aguero. sod it, i've convinced myself, off to the club shop for my bale shirt printing i go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.