Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did a fine job but the time was right for a change.

His football at the start was a joy but to suggest it was on a par with what we are seeing right now is a no no for me.

Thanks Bob and the best of luck in your future.

Unfortunately it was true that he lost the dressing room, most of it anyway including key players like Kompany and Silva, and so had to go. I will never forget what I'm dubbing 'the Poznan years' (10/11 and 11/12) though and no matter how much success comes our way in the future I suspect nothing will ever top the elation of the QPR match. He can definitely hold his head high. His achievements are living on and hopefully players like Negredo, Navas, and Fernandinho will help further his achievements.

Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says he is happy to see his old club reaping the rewards of his time in charge as they battle it out for trophies on four fronts.

The current Galatasaray manager says he is satisfied with the job he did at Etihad Stadium and the only reason they did not win the title in his final season was the fact Manchester United signed Robin van Persie.

Mancini plays down rumours of dressing room problems in his time at the club and says City's football is no more exciting under new boss Manuel Pellegrini than it was under him.

Probably because of that extreme arrogance he is not here .

blueinsa said:

His football at the start was a joy but to suggest it was on a par with what we are seeing right now is a no no for me.

At times Mancini's City was definitely a joy to watch, but teams did start to figure us out too easily and there were some very dull performances, especially away. As much as we should be grateful for the way Mancini helped changed City's mentality, I don't think he can take more than a token amount of credit for our current and amazing attacking style.

BlueSiam said:
blueinsa said:

At times Mancini's City was definitely a joy to watch, but teams did start to figure us out too easily and there were some very dull performances, especially away. As much as we should be grateful for the way Mancini helped changed City's mentality, I don't think he can take more than a token amount of credit for our current and amazing attacking style.

Agreed completely mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.