Mancini now has to deliver...

But IF we lose on Saturday that will only compound the feelings that tonight we could have still been in a cup and half a dozen games from Wembley and the chance of a trophy unlike if we say we must win the next 25 games to be in with a chance of a 4th place finish

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
warpig said:
wow, our reseves got beat in the carling cup. how am I going to sleep tonite.

Forgive me, warpig, I've pulled out the operative words in your post - got beat, cup. You'll sleep like the rest of us, and we will wake refreshed, but in the morning we'll still have got beaten in a cup.

disappointing yes, but not the end of the world.

We don't have to beat Chelsea because he rested first team players tonight. What Mancini has done tonight is rested players ahead of a big game against a superb team who will also have nearly all their players fresh come Saturday. He's rested them to give us a better chance of getting a result on Saturday and also ensuring none of our players pick up an injury ahead of a run of extremely crucial games in competitions he KNOWS he has to deliver in

Malcolm Disco said:
oakiecokie said:
Have a look at all the PL teams over the last two nights !!
Is there ANY team that has played more than 6 REGULAR players in this shit competition ?? How many attendances have dropped alarmingly ??
Sorry but for me,I`m disappointed but not SUCICIDAL,unlike some of you.
Priorites have to be given to Chelsea and Juventus games,so lets put things into perspective.
I`ll sleep tonight knowing that we will have a very good squad available for Saturday first.

Surely this match was more important than the Juve one, as that is just one of 6 group games and we're already top of the group by 2 points

Think you need to get a reality check !

Malcolm Disco said:
oakiecokie said:
Have a look at all the PL teams over the last two nights !!
Is there ANY team that has played more than 6 REGULAR players in this shit competition ?? How many attendances have dropped alarmingly ??
Sorry but for me,I`m disappointed but not SUCICIDAL,unlike some of you.
Priorites have to be given to Chelsea and Juventus games,so lets put things into perspective.
I`ll sleep tonight knowing that we will have a very good squad available for Saturday first.

Surely this match was more important than the Juve one, as that is just one of 6 group games and we're already top of the group by 2 points
Are you insane ?

southstandrebel said:
So now we have to beat chelsea on saturday ,no pressure attall then

Is that your own head or have you borrowed off an idiot !!!
So had we won tonight,then pressure wouldn`t be as great for the Chelsea game ??
Far more important that we beat Chelsea,but nothing to do with tonights result.

The OP is right in saying that the time to judge is at the end of the season.

If we happen to get beat on Saturday then our Bobby will be under intense pressure to keep his job . As a club we've spent close on £300 million on our squad and we have gone out at the first stage of a competition we could of gone on to win.
I don't care if we have bigger games to play, we had the chance tonight to go through the tie and get in the last 16 . Absolutely farcical decision by the clueless Italian to play a youth side tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.