Mancini now has to deliver...

gooney said:
I just dont get man city playing kids when you have by far the biggest squad in the league. Sure you have few injuries, but there's no way you couldnt go for this, you havent won anything in 35 years

How many years does a club have to be trophyless before they should pick a strong team in the Carling Cup? So few other teams take it seriously that personally I think winning it would not mean a great deal. People can go on about City not being in a position to be choosey as much as they like but winning the Carling Cup is about as credible as winning the reserve league these days. It may be a nice day out but in footballing terms, it means absolutely fuck all.

regardless of tonights result he has always needed to deliver. with the whole world against us we need to finish in the top 4. that is THE priority.

Lancet Fluke said:
gooney said:
I just dont get man city playing kids when you have by far the biggest squad in the league. Sure you have few injuries, but there's no way you couldnt go for this, you havent won anything in 35 years

How many years does a club have to be trophyless before they should pick a strong team in the Carling Cup? So few other teams take it seriously that personally I think winning it would not mean a great deal. People can go on about City not being in a position to be choosey as much as they like but winning the Carling Cup is about as credible as winning the reserve league these days. It may be a nice day out but in footballing terms, it means absolutely fuck all.
did you think the same way last season when you played man u? I remember how much your fans wanted to win that game

gooney said:
Lancet Fluke said:
did you think the same way last season when you played man u? I remember how much your fans wanted to win that game

We didn't have about 30 European matches to play last season. The season before when we were in the UEFA Cup we played a weakened team in the Carling Cup as far as I can remember, so it is nothing new. Maybe Mancini will start putting really strong teams out in the Manchester Senior Cup when we have just played 3 games in 8 days and have a huge match against the champions in less than 72 hours, after all it doesn't matter what trophy we win does it, we can't be choosey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.