Mancini or Pep era?

Pep’s the better manager but Mancini’s the bigger legend IMO.

Mancini’s role will also be glorified because United were our biggest rivals at the time. Our rise coincided with United’s downfall which was great to see. You go back to the biggest moments in Mancini’s reign and the games that stand out other than QPR, Newcastle away and the Stoke cup final are all games where we handed United their arse. The semi final, the 1-6 and the Kompany header were great times.

Pep on the other hand hasn’t had that luxury. It’s not his fault United have turned to shite. However, when his big moment came, with the chance to wrap the league up against them he bottled it. His record in derbies have also been shite this season.

The difference in demeanours between Pep and Mancini in the derbies some up my feelings towards them. The game we bottled, I remember Pep almost snogging Pogba in the middle of the pitch, the same twat who had just given it the big one in front of our fans. Then you get Bobby firmly telling Ferguson where to stick it.

That said, I’m sure I will appreciate Pep a lot more once he’s left as his successor won’t be a patch on him.

This isn't a choice - Mancini laid the foundation stone and it was great to see us stuffing the Rags, regularly, and the first pots, but when Mancini was sacked we could have gone for half a dozen managers, and by now we would have been one of the also rans, mid-table mediocrity. Had Mancini stayed he couldn't have produced what we've seen over the last three seasons, but had Pep arrived instead of Roberto he could have achieved what R did, and I suspect we would't have lost to the fuckin' Pie Eaters either!

Another for mancini

He got us, we got him. Peps intensity means he always feels somewhat distant. But i think roberto genuinely felt something for us in a way that pep doesnt

Plus pep has never understood what derbies mean to us

Hard to separate the two eras. Pep is obviously the better manager, and the football we've played under him has been sublime, especially during the 17/18 season. Genuinely a privilege to watch week-in, week-out. Start of the 11/12 season we were also ace, but the Mancini 'era' also includes his first few months, when the football was pretty dull.
Ultimately though I'd probably have to go with Mancini - purely on the basis of emotion, which let's face it, is what being a fan is about. The semi-final against Utd, winning the FA cup, the 1-0 home derby, then obviously QPR - all just incredible moments and feelings. Winning things under Pep, and particularly seeing off Liverpool last season, has obviously been great - but it hasn't quite matched the heights of those initial successes.

This isn't a choice - Mancini laid the foundation stone and it was great to see us stuffing the Rags, regularly, and the first pots, but when Mancini was sacked we could have gone for half a dozen managers, and by now we would have been one of the also rans, mid-table mediocrity. Had Mancini stayed he couldn't have produced what we've seen over the last three seasons, but had Pep arrived instead of Roberto he could have achieved what R did, and I suspect we would't have lost to the fuckin' Pie Eaters either!
Manager can't be blamed for that balls up with the leak earlier in the day ( that's on the club and on the players).

And to be fair Pep has also lost to Wigan for a bit of balance.........

Mancini inherited the Hughes team and turned them into winners.

Pellegrini took the Mancini team and turned them into entertaining winners.

Pep has taken the Pellegrini team and turned them into potential entertaining world class champions, capable of beating anybody with style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.