Mancini or Pep era?

Mancini's team had so much fight that we couldnt get out of group stage in CL. Even becoming the club with worst group stage record in CL with 3 points.

Ajax and Dortmund ahead operating with fraction of resources.

Klopp's kids absolutely embarrassed us in the final group game too. It was so disgusting that Mancini should have been sacked on the spot.

Once Guardiola goes, we won't be able to control teams anymore and we will be back to Pellegrini levels of irrelevant shite.
Dortmund the German champions who would get to the final. Now at least we can get a draw at home to west brom.

Have to wonder why they gave him a new contract then, if he didn't meet the objectives they set him
That's a completely different thread to be honest...

Having committed so much money in getting him, Bergiristain and Soriano, the City Group (ADUG) have absolutely convinced themselves that they are the only men for the job of recreating Barcelona in Manchester.

The only other explanation is that the club don't currently see any credible / available alternatives... Which to be fair, there aren't at the moment. Why they are (supposedly) paying him more is probably down to the owners having more money than sense.

The simple fact is that Guardiola was appointed to deliver the CL but has failed to date - He knows that as well as anybody. I can't see him wanting to stay beyond the end of this season if we don't at least reach the final.

Bobby manc for me , he came under some questions but Garry cook called this one correct. Roberto could of been given more time and money for me but that’s football. The semi final and final and the banner he got the vermin to take down gets the nod ...think he got us a little bit more than pep does. Nothing against pep either he’s doing his best and I don’t and hopefully we don’t forget pellers the engineer . They’ve all brought us great memories.
Long this to continue who ever is in command.

Pep all the way even if it is going to shit now. Let's not kid ourselves with Mancini he gave us the magical moment in may 2012, the 6-1, the fa cup against Stoke but the majority of the football was quite stale with the odd exception of a great performance chucked in. Pep has given us two amazing seasons with bagfuls of goals, even the other two poor seasons we've entertained mostly. The less said the better about this one so far. But Pep wins it hands down.

"...To me it feels very much like we are Pep FC rather than MCFC; it's as if we are a vessel for Pep, rather than Pep working for us"

Absolutely spot on. Guardiola is a sponsor magnet, that's why the City Group threw everything at him to get him here. They'll no doubt do the same to attract Messi to the club. Effective planning by the City Group to boost corporate investment and the value of the 'brand'.
On the football front, they seem to have little idea when it comes to succession planning beyond inserting 'buy back' clauses when players leave.

Manicni era was more exciting in many ways as it brought us our first successes in many years.

Guardiola era has had us playing better football though, scoring more goals and ultimately brought more success.

On balance, I'd go for the Guardiola era.

Pep all the way even if it is going to shit now. Let's not kid ourselves with Mancini he gave us the magical moment in may 2012, the 6-1, the fa cup against Stoke but the majority of the football was quite stale with the odd exception of a great performance chucked in. Pep has given us two amazing seasons with bagfuls of goals, even the other two poor seasons we've entertained mostly. The less said the better about this one so far. But Pep wins it hands down.
Sorry mate, do not agree with that at all...........

That Mancini squad cost more than the Pep squad taking transfer inflation into account.

Disagree with that , Pep has spent more , but recruiting players is fine , being given time to get the best out of those players is more important , Pep has had ample time compared to Mancini even Pellgrini got us to a semi-final in the couple of years he was here

Disagree with that , Pep has spent more , but recruiting players is fine , being given time to get the best out of those players is more important , Pep has had ample time compared to Mancini even Pellgrini got us to a semi-final in the couple of years he was here

Disagree with what? It was a factual statement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.