Mancini out Hiddink In

keemcfc said:
"Bobby" has won three Serie A titles back-to-back.

"Bobby" has the Coppa Italia with Lazio and Fiorentina his first season in-charge.

"Bobby" has been a winner all his career, and is the right man to take us to the top, someone who has the power to convince world-class players to join the revolution here.

I only want what is best for the club and Mancini is as good as we will get.
"Bobby" used to manage Inter. Stuart pearce could manage inter to a few trophys.

Mancini took them to their first title in 30 years.

Think before you post in future.

Damocles said:
keemcfc said:
"Bobby" used to manage Inter. Stuart pearce could manage inter to a few trophys.

Exactly, his tactics work over there were football is slow and boring, but you can't do that in the prem, if you want to play the passing game over here then you need to play quick like arsenal or barca. In England teams close their opponents down and get stuck in, but not in Italy...

I think that if Mancini played with more quick thinking players like Ireland then he could be one of the best there is. Maybe something like:

....................Given....................
Richards....Kompany....Lescott....Bridge

...................de Jong..................
..........Ireland.......A Johnson.......
SWP...............................Bellamy
....................Tevez...................

And only use more DMs When we either; play teams like arsenal, are winning by a few goals or if we have no other players available.

Damocles said:
keemcfc said:

well he took them to 3rd in the league and due to the top 2 having points deducted won them the league.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Damocles said:

well he took them to 3rd in the league and due to the top 2 having points deducted won them the league.

carl lewis won an olimpic gold medal when ben jonhson was found doped

who was the real winner for you ??

Hiddink is a myth, no substance to his reputation and no evidence to say he knows his arse from his elbow.

Neil McNab said:
Hiddink is a myth, no substance to his reputation and no evidence to say he knows his arse from his elbow.

thing is, watching australia, south korea, russia... not to mention his PSV team, they were all extremely organised units, everyone played to their strengths, so many players found their feet under him and went on to great things.

I'd go so far as to say they played the same brand of football. and it's pretty close to my idea of footballing perfection.

having said that I agree his record in Spain is a big problem.

he's over-rated on the whole, but personally, I really, really like the way his teams play football.

big problem is his age. just can't see him as the right man for us anymore.

but the real issue is that I've seen nothing to suggest mancini needs replacing.

he has made a very creditable start, addressed problems in the team whilst bringing the points home. that he's done so at a new club, in a new league, without spending megabucks, makes me think there is a lot more to come from him.

have to laugh when I see people suggesting their formations. it's wishful thinking. we have plenty of out and out attackers, and plenty of out and out defensive players, but until we get the all-rounders the only balance that is ever going to work is by playing 3 genuine midfielders, wingers and a central striker. remember that one of our wingers is actually a striker, he might track back, but he doesn't help the midfield out in the usual way.

zab and barry are effectively playing as box-to-box players, admittedly slightly more defensive than essien, in that they are expected to help out the fullbacks, but they are free to attack as well. calling them DM's is a nonsense. a true defensive midfielder, like de jong, like makalele, never overlaps a fullback (like zab is doing) and almost never brings the ball into the opposition half or gets involved in the attacking move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.