Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

If its such a sure thing I'm not sure the bookies would be actively promoting the price. Even at short odds.

fbloke said:
Do you gamble at all?

I ask because if you do you will likely understand that bookies play the mug punter like a cheap fiddle.

If you want to 'convince' a bloke with no info to part with his cash simply create movement in the market even if no money has been placed and bobs your uncle a few pillocks will jump on in the hope of catching a bit of the action.

Lets also not forget that SkyBet are actively promoting that market right now which would generate further revenue. Are they doing that because they know Mancini is safe and every penny wagered is profit ro because they like to pay out?

You decide.

No I don't bet.

By going odds on, how are the bookies going to generate bets, are they trying to push people into the lengthening odds on other people?

Or are they trying to encourage people to think backing MP is free money?

Glad I took it at 9 to 1!

Just don't get this Pellegrini stuff. When you think rationally it makes no sense ... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough !

bluesoup said:
Just don't get this Pellegrini stuff. When you think rationally it makes no sense ... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough !

Course it does.

Bob resigns.

MP comes is as safe pair of hands for a few seasons.

Pep rocks up at Etihad when his contract in Munich expires.

OB1 said:
fbloke said:
Do you gamble at all?

I ask because if you do you will likely understand that bookies play the mug punter like a cheap fiddle.

If you want to 'convince' a bloke with no info to part with his cash simply create movement in the market even if no money has been placed and bobs your uncle a few pillocks will jump on in the hope of catching a bit of the action.

Lets also not forget that SkyBet are actively promoting that market right now which would generate further revenue. Are they doing that because they know Mancini is safe and every penny wagered is profit ro because they like to pay out?

You decide.

No I don't bet.

By going odds on, how are the bookies going to generate bets, are they trying to push people into the lengthening odds on other people?

Or are they trying to encourage people to think backing MP is free money?
As you say, If you put £300 on at 1/3 you win a £100 not bad, but you are encouraged to put on a bigger stake for a reasonable return, giving that the odds are almost a sure thing.
Id rather put £5 on Mourinho at 16/1, bit like the grand national haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.