Mancini speaks.....injury updates.

Rammy Blue

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/January/Micah-Richards-and-Robinho-winning-fitness-battle

Micah Richards and Robinho should be available for Wednesday night's Carling Cup semi final.
Richards was substituted at half time of Saturday's win over Middlesbrough after picking up a groin problem, while the Brazilian did not travel to Teeside due to a knee injury collected in training late last week.

Speaking on Monday afternoon, Blues boss Roberto Mancini said, "I think that Micah will be available to play, he had a groin problem but it has not been too serious. Robinho is fine as well and has been back in training. De Jong is OK again after we took him off on Saturday with a calf problem."

There is a good chance that I will play Boyata again because I don't have a lot of defenders at the moment. He could have that chance because he played very well at Middlesbrough.

Another not in the squad at the Riverside was Shaun Wright-Phillips, whose ankle niggle has kept him out of the side since the win over Sunderland. Mancini is keeping an open mind over the winger, as well as striker Roque Santa Cruz.

"We will see how Shaun is today for the first time, but it's possible that he will be available as well," he declared. "We are not certain on Roque, we will have to decide after taking a look at him today but we do not want to take a risk on him.

"Stephen Ireland is definitely out for the derby, and Nedum Onuoha is also unavailable."

The boss will play the waiting game over selection for Wednesday and take two more training sessions into account, although Saturday debutante Dedryck Boyata is very much in with a shout of facing United.

Mancini added, "I will only decide what my team will be on Tuesday after the final training session when I have seen the condition of the players, but there are not a lot to choose from.

"There is a good chance that I will play Boyata again because I don't have a lot of defenders at the moment. He could have that chance because he played very well at Middlesbrough, but I will have to wait and see until after training on Tuesday."

I so hope SWP is fit for this match we will need him to go box to box against Evra like he did against Cole.The thought of either Robbie or Petrov playing on the right is a scary one.Neither would get past him once and he'd have a free run forward at will.

Craig said:
I so hope SWP is fit for this match we will need him to go box to box against Evra like he did against Cole.The thought of either Robbie or Petrov playing on the right is a scary one.Neither would get past him once and he'd have a free run forward at will.

If Sweep doesn't make it we must play Bellamy on the right, I know it's not preferred but Evra is one of United's best players.

Is It me or does Richards always get injured in every game? His pain tolerance Is sh*te for a big lad.

Everytime he goes off injured and returns 4 the next game. I would love to have the stats to hand to confirm this

Barntonblue said:
Is It me or does Richards always get injured in every game? His pain tolerance Is sh*te for a big lad.

Everytime he goes off injured and returns 4 the next game. I would love to have the stats to hand to confirm this

Must admit I have often thought the same. Interesting to see if Micah or Boyata starts at CB.

meeesh said:
Short on defenders........well get some bloody bought!!!

Give it time mate, IM sure we'll eventually get the right ones in, Just cant treat buying players as a Friday BIG shop

These injuries are going to cause us problems.

I'd love to think SWP was available, he always terrifies United.

I really hope Boyata won't play.

Didsbury Dave said:
I really hope Boyata won't play.

With you on Boyata, all for giving youngsters the opportunity, put in some good tackles and positionly sound at Boro however like most kids, lacks confidence on the ball, you can feel it when watching some of these kids. Im sure over time that will change but Wednesday will be truely the deep end 4 someone like him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.