Mancini still in Italy Sunday? Platt to stand in?

I wasn't to keen on his appointment initially for similar reasons to you i.e. past criticism of City and his atitude towards SWP whne he was with England U21s

But I like to give people a chance and not condemn them forever for past actions - you forget that he's not, or was not a City fan.

He may well be a very competent coach, and the fact that he was appointed as England U21 coach suggests that he has some ability. maybe it was all down to his reputation as a player? I don't know

I don't really have a view on him as a coach. He didn't do well as a manager, but then neither did Brian Kidd yet he is widely acknowledged as an excellent coach.

The only thing I know about him is that he is an excellent communicator. I got a fair bit of confidence in him from listening to him on Radio 5 after the game against Birmingham. He was very clear and I know that's next to nothing, but I hope you give the guy a chance. He was probably appointed by mancini because he needs someone he knows and trusts and someone who knows the English game and can communicate well with the players

Marvin said:
mancmackem said:
Yes says me. That is my opinion after hearing the constant 'on the record' negative quotes about Manchester City over the years from him.

If i belittled a club from the outside, i certainly wouldn't want to work for the same club (e.g. The Rags).
Oh I thought maybe you knew him.

Ah, so we can only have opinions of people we know?

Fuck. That's going to cut down on the messageboard a bit, isn't it?<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:52 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
I wasn't to keen on his appointment initially for similar reasons to you i.e. past criticism of City and his atitude towards SWP whne he was with England U21s

But I like to give people a chance and not condemn them forever for past actions - you forget that he's not, or was not a City fan.

He may well be a very competent coach, and the fact that he was appointed as England U21 coach suggests that he has some ability. maybe it was all down to his reputation as a player? I don't know

I don't really have a view on him as a coach. He didn't do well as a manager, but then neither did Brian Kidd yet he is widely acknowledged as an excellent coach.

The only thing I know about him is that he is an excellent communicator. I got a fair bit of confidence in him from listening to him on Radio 5 after the game against Birmingham. He was very clear and I know that's next to nothing, but I hope you give the guy a chance. He was probably appointed by mancini because he needs someone he knows and trusts and someone who knows the English game and can communicate well with the players

Simple question... have we improved since he was appointed as coach? Or are we worse?

Soulboy said:
Marvin said:
Oh I thought maybe you knew him.

Ah, so we can only have opinions of people we know?

Fuck. That's going to cut down on the messageboard a bit, isn't it?
For your benefit this is what was said.

A horrible, horrible man. How Kidd must feel if he is undermined for this big mouthed, rag, gravy train twat!

Kidd is twice the coach and person he is.

Maybe I am being a tad sensitive, but I'd bever dream of talking about someone like that unless I was dead sure of what I was referring to and could back it up.

All this City United enmity is a bit pathetic if you ask me. Once they move on, they move on. Think Matt Busby, and Brian Kidd an ex-Utd hero.

Logs off. Do I want to discuss football with people twisted with irrational hate?

Marvin said:

Fair enough. I did not forget or let it pass me by that Platt had no City past. I don't expect an ex City love in on the coaching staff, but this guy was so destructive at Forest and felt this could easily transfer into much more of a volatile atmosphere in a Premiership dressing room. My mate is a Forest fan, and I thought he was going to hire a hearse for me to get to the next game how he apologised, frowning despondently at the news David Platt was to be involved at City.

If he was a competent coach and a good communicator, it startles me that not one team even in the lower leagues of the English or Italian league picked him up before us. Forest killed his career for me and my mate. A complete lack of club and man management, tactical, communicational skills with players. A poor judge of a player who signed nobodies and thrown away uncut diamonds like SWP.

Kidd is different in the way that he was one of the most renowned and successful English coaches through the 90's with the success he contributed towards with that lot over the way. He only left as he wanted to better himself, further himself by being his own man in a management role. He didn't hack it, fair play, but at least he gave it a crack. Kidd was very much sort after, even after the Blackburn failure. He went back to what he knew he was good at and that reputation has stuck over a 20 year period.

Platt has failed, and failed, and failed again at the majority of elements in the game after retiring from being a successful player. He's just an obstacle to Kidd getting his views across more, which to be honest did end quite soon after Mancini got the job.

Platt is a glorified translator and media pundit to me, and I have not seen or heard anything from his peers or colleagues to dispute that. Would be interesting to learn the influence he has on the training sessions from the lads who do the training reports on here, and their views on his methods.

Can't believe i've given him this amount of keyboard space. Your fault Marvin for rubbing me up the wrong way! ;-)

Del_Bosque said:
I heard a whisper of this via a DM on Twitter, obviously it's not confirmed.

Bobby may not be back from Italy for Sundays game, family reasons or some such.

David Platt may be on the touchline standing in as he's more in line with Bobbys tactics than Kidd.

Anyone else heard this?
David Platt may be on the touchline standing in as he's more in line with Bobbys tactics than Kidd.
Thank fuck for that,i like Kidd.

Kidd's the Assistant so he should be in charge if Mancini is absent - although Platt was giving the interview after Birmingham.

I can see the argument in keeping the Platt criticism at minimal as possible but he's been bad mouthing City for years. Could you see Michael Moore work for George W Bush? Could you see Gary Neville playing for City? Tevez playing for Sheffield United? It wouldn't happen.

mancmackem said:
Marvin said:

Fair enough. I did not forget or let it pass me by that Platt had no City past. I don't expect an ex City love in on the coaching staff, but this guy was so destructive at Forest and felt this could easily transfer into much more of a volatile atmosphere in a Premiership dressing room. My mate is a Forest fan, and I thought he was going to hire a hearse for me to get to the next game how he apologised, frowning despondently at the news David Platt was to be involved at City.

If he was a competent coach and a good communicator, it startles me that not one team even in the lower leagues of the English or Italian league picked him up before us. Forest killed his career for me and my mate. A complete lack of club and man management, tactical, communicational skills with players. A poor judge of a player who signed nobodies and thrown away uncut diamonds like SWP.

Kidd is different in the way that he was one of the most renowned and successful English coaches through the 90's with the success he contributed towards with that lot over the way. He only left as he wanted to better himself, further himself by being his own man in a management role. He didn't hack it, fair play, but at least he gave it a crack. Kidd was very much sort after, even after the Blackburn failure. He went back to what he knew he was good at and that reputation has stuck over a 20 year period.

Platt has failed, and failed, and failed again at the majority of elements in the game after retiring from being a successful player. He's just an obstacle to Kidd getting his views across more, which to be honest did end quite soon after Mancini got the job.

Platt is a glorified translator and media pundit to me, and I have not seen or heard anything from his peers or colleagues to dispute that. Would be interesting to learn the influence he has on the training sessions from the lads who do the training reports on here, and their views on his methods.

Can't believe i've given him this amount of keyboard space. Your fault Marvin for rubbing me up the wrong way! ;-)

Quality Post that one -

I personally don't get why there is so much hate towards Platt. I keep hearing "he's a rag twat, and always says negative stuff about us", can someone please post up all these negative quotes, because I get the feeling people are exaggerating things, and also in what context did he say all this supposed negative stuff? We might have played poorly, and it could have been justified. Whenever I've listened to Platt since he's joined, he's always come across very well to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.