Mancini still in Italy Sunday? Platt to stand in?

mancmackem said:
A poor judge of a player who signed nobodies and thrown away uncut diamonds like SWP.

Myth. Dave Bassett was manager and Paul Hart was Youth coach when SWP was released. Platt didn't arrive until 12 months later.

Unknown_Genius said:
I personally don't get why there is so much hate towards Platt. I keep hearing "he's a rag twat, and always says negative stuff about us", can someone please post up all these negative quotes, because I get the feeling people are exaggerating things, and also in what context did he say all this supposed negative stuff? We might have played poorly, and it could have been justified. Whenever I've listened to Platt since he's joined, he's always come across very well to me.

Maybe that's because he is on the payroll?????

Rammy Blue said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I personally don't get why there is so much hate towards Platt. I keep hearing "he's a rag twat, and always says negative stuff about us", can someone please post up all these negative quotes, because I get the feeling people are exaggerating things, and also in what context did he say all this supposed negative stuff? We might have played poorly, and it could have been justified. Whenever I've listened to Platt since he's joined, he's always come across very well to me.

Maybe that's because he is on the payroll?????

Or maybe, because he's a more decent bloke than we think?

As I said, I just don't get the hatred towards Platt. At all.

Many of you are underplaying Platts quality. He was appointed Team Supervisor at Sampdoria due to the fact that he did not possess the relevant badges at the time to merit the title of Coach. During this time he introduced to the Serie A two luminaries of the Premier League in the form of Lee Sharpe and Daniele Dichio.

Kidd was only a short term measure until Mancini brought in his own man. It's obviously jobs for the boys and I only hope that Robbie Savage keeps extending his playing career before he gets brought in.

All said, I was impressed with Platts post Poznan interview. I thought he went right on the front foot against the baying press pack.

Unknown_Genius said:

come off it, who's gonna sit and keep a diary of the things he says just in case he becomes a city coach? we all know he slagged us off constantly on sky before joining.

mcrpogue said:
Many of you are underplaying Platts quality. He was appointed Team Supervisor at Sampdoria due to the fact that he did not possess the relevant badges at the time to merit the title of Coach. During this time he introduced to the Serie A two luminaries of the Premier League in the form of Lee Sharpe and Daniele Dichio.

Kidd was only a short term measure until Mancini brought in his own man. It's obviously jobs for the boys and I only hope that Robbie Savage keeps extending his playing career before he gets brought in.

All said, I was impressed with Platts post Poznan interview. I thought he went right on the front foot against the baying press pack.

Every manager brings in people they know and trust, Mancini's no different to any other.

citykev28 said:
Unknown_Genius said:

come off it, who's gonna sit and keep a diary of the things he says just in case he becomes a city coach? we all know he slagged us off constantly on sky before joining.

I don't, and if this slagging off was so bad, how come no one remembers what he actually said?

I'll do my judging as and when he leads the team and fooks it up or otherwise. I think there is far too much hysteria about him and to be honest I don't have anything against the guy. I thought he made a right Pils of the Forest job but then, Psycho didn't do much better either. Maybe that's down to Forest. Not exactly ripping up trees are they?

They had one purple patch in their entire history and we're going on about them as if they were world beaters and Platt is the devil incarnate. SAF, he is definately not.

If he helps us get to where we need to be ie champions of anything recognisable this year then hats off to him. If not my guess is he will be gone by the summer anyway. As already metioned he does speak eloquently to the press and maybe at the moment we could with some doses of sugar being given out to them. It isn't helping Robbie when they get on his back or our performances and at the end of the day Platt is paid to help prevent that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.