Mancini v Pellegrini so far ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue ranger

My views on RM and MP .......

Mancini was absolutely fantastic for city. If anything we were guilty of being too predictable at times. Our build up was too slow - at the cup final it was clear to see he had lost some of the players. The one thing we did have was a very strong base. In his tenure as manager I felt our defending was exceptional with our goals against record very healthy. And let's not forget the fortress that eastlands became.

Pellegrini has only just started. Like everyone else we all hope he goes on to become even more successful than RM. what has surprised me is our defending and shape on occasions. Even last year we missed Kompany, any team would miss him and not replacing kolo so far isn't ideal. But the bigger worry for me is the formation. It looks like a 4-2-4 to me and the midfield is being over-run. In recent seasons the pundits have talked about city's physical strength in midfield. I'm not seeing that at the moment. It's possibly down to the absence of Barry. Personally find the treatment of him a bitter pill to swallow. Also thought it was a questionable call to put Garcia on the bench ahead of Rodwell today. I think he has a bright future and deserves a place on the bench.

Like I said its early days - but early signs we have lots of work to do.

mancini wasn't good enough to take the club where we need to go. he made it a negative place to work and pissed a lot of people off.

pellegrini has had 3 games ffs, lets re-evaluate in 3 months.

ManuelPellegrini said:
Can't believe people are comparing him to mancini already!

Who else are they supposed to compare him with, a fat fucking opera singer ?

He replaced Mancini so rightly or wrongly people are going to use that to measure him.

It's just a couple observations into what the differences are, or look like they are. It isn't a criticism of RM or MP, I back both and am aware it's very early days. But where we always looked strong/powerful in midfield, so far we don't. Not saying that wont change - just making a few observations.

FFS this forum is becoming like feeding time at the zoo.

One bih difference is the attitude towards squad rotation. It looks like Pellegrini has his top 11 and then when one of them is out of form, another player gets a chance to crack the lineup. Mancini was a lot more into rotating players and under his helm each of the 4 new signings would have received at least one start in the first four games (he actually had a habit of throwing in newly signed players straight into starting 11 - see Nastasic vs Real Madrid).

Not sure what is better for the team but this is one clear difference.

Very disrespectful to pellegrini this thread is...

Yoda ,dagobah system , 31/08/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.