Mancini's biggest fault. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzmaster101

I'm not here to slag off the current manager, or any of the players. I'd just like to air something that's bugging me.

In my opinion Mancini's biggest fault is that he believes Yaya Toure is a premiership quality attacking midfielder. I don't doubt Yaya's qualities and one game out of maybe 6 or 7 he has an excellent game there (usually against poor opposition). But for me he's just not good enough in this roll.

Look at premiership teams who play with either an AM or a number 10 dropping off into midfield to link up play. Tottenham (Modric, Van Der Vaart) Chelsea (Lampard), Arsenal (Fabregas), Liverpool (Gerrard), Ushited (Rooney). I just don't think Yaya is as good as any of these players in this roll. For me our two more defense-minded Mids should be two from Barry, De Jong, Yaya, Vieira, Milner, Zab. Then the AM position should be given to either Silva or Tevez (The Rooney roll if playing alongside Balo or Dzeko) or at a pinch Milner.

Against Chelsea we had a big man up front so Silva would have been ideal as the AM (Or number 10) with Milner and AJ on the wings to play balls into the box. This just never happened. I can barely remember Dzeko having a chance (except the one he stuffed up when Yaya dummied a touch). It seemed that 50% of the breaks we got (and there weren't many) broke down due to a poor ball by Yaya or a lack of vision by him.

Like I said I don't want to slag the player off, I think he has many fine qualities, just not as the lynchpin of our midfield. For me the AM is the most important roll in a 4-3-3 or a 4-5-1.

Thoughts?

Right yet he was good enough to be in the Barca team for over 3 years. Jesus Christ bluemoon gets worse every day.

didactic said:
Right yet he was good enough to be in the Barca team for over 3 years. Jesus Christ bluemoon gets worse every day.
Wake up and read the post again. Barcelona played Xavi or Iniesta in that roll not Yaya. I think I'd class both of those as premiership quality AMs. You're right about Bluemoon getting worse by the day though, well contributed to that mate!

*Claps hands*

barca would never sell a quality player who was good enough to play in their first eleven in my opinion therefore they have better players now
also yaya played defensive midfield which is what the original post is regarding
he is only offering an opinion why is everybody so hard on that

I made this exact point yesterday.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=212476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=212476</a>

He's a good player but not right for the premier league, certainly in his current position. You do not get enough time on the ball in this league for Ya Ya. He's tried to adapt to this as well as he can given his slow close control, but it's just made him negative. Noone turns attack into defence quite like this man.

Didsbury Dave said:
I made this exact point yesterday.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=212476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=212476</a>

He's a good player but not right for the premier league, certainly in his current position. You do not get enough time on the ball in this league for Ya Ya. He's tried to adapt to this as well as he can given his slow close control, but it's just made him negative. Noone turns attack into defence quite like this man.
I hadn't realised you had said similar but I'm glad you see what I'm trying to say. It's so frustrating to watch attcks come to nothing because of slow play, lack of vision or a poorly placed pass.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
didactic said:
Wake up and read the post again. Barcelona played Xavi or Iniesta in that roll not Yaya. I think I'd class both of those as premiership quality AMs. You're right about Bluemoon getting worse by the day though, well contributed to that mate!

*Claps hands*

Hahaha. Very good sir.

And your o.p is spot on too. Yaya excelled in the DM role in a quality Barcelona side. The English game is different. His best position would be DM, but I'm not sure he has the desire to play that role here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.