Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

It will be nice to see many supposed Blues stfu about a player that didn't do a hell of a lot wrong. He didn't determine his price tag, he didn't offer himself contracts, and he never slagged the club. Adios Mangler
You don't have to be a blue, a supposed blue, or any type of blue to know he was utterly atrocious. Didn't do a hell of a lot wrong?! Dear God.

You don't have to be a blue, a supposed blue, or any type of blue to know he was utterly atrocious. Didn't do a hell of a lot wrong?! Dear God.
Free transfer apparently. Has to be one of the worst signings we've ever made. Awful defender, but had a good attitude. At least we've got rid of his wages.
Wrong time, wrong club for the player. City get most transfers right. I'm sure we did our due diligence with Mangler, just as we did with others. In this respect you can blame Txiki, Soriano & Pellegrini as much as you can Mangler. Personally, I think you're being unnecessarily harsh.

He did his very best, which was short of what we required, but it was his best all the same, & you can't ask for more from anyone. If he'd come to City 10 - 15 years ago, we'd probably be wetting ourselves with delight considering the utter dross we had back then. It's like some of us have gorged ourselves & become so drunk on success, we've forgotten where we've come from & how to be grateful & humble.

Good luck to Mangler.

Same reason you don’t like Bravo I guess. Can’t like everyone.

With Mangala it was mainly his refusal to leave and go to Palace on the same wages he was on at City and get City 23 million quid.

I’m a City fan not a Mangala fan. I don’t like Danny Mills either.

I don’t wish him ill but I’m pleased he has gone.

that, however is incorrect. he didn't refuse to leave, Palace changed their mind as liverpool lowered their asking price on Sakho, who was their first target, having been there on loan the season before. Can't hate the player for something he didn't do. Either way, he proved very very useful in the 100pts season having not left for palace. £23m couldn't have bought the input he had in the records we smashed that year!

Wrong time, wrong club for the player. City get most transfers right. I'm sure we did our due diligence with Mangler, just as we did with others. In this respect you can blame Txiki, Soriano & Pellegrini as much as you can Mangler. Personally, I think you're being unnecessarily harsh.

He did his very best, which was short of what we required, but it was his best all the same, & you can't ask for more from anyone. If he'd come to City 10 - 15 years ago, we'd probably be wetting ourselves with delight considering the utter dross we had back then. It's like some of us have gorged ourselves & become so drunk on success, we've forgotten where we've come from & how to be grateful & humble.

Good luck to Mangler.
Eli was/is a terrific character. Like everyone else I wish he had been a success at City and hope he goes on to have a good career. It is not his fault that his standard is somewhere around lower half of Championship or League 1. 10 or 15 years ago we had players like Dunne and Distin. Eli isn't fit to lace their boots. Nothing to do with gorging on success or being humble. But there is no point in having a discussion about the merits of any player if we can't acknowledge that the Mangler was a complete failure. If he's our centre half last year the Dippers are champions. We got it horribly wrong with this player. We should say so.

Eli was/is a terrific character. Like everyone else I wish he had been a success at City and hope he goes on to have a good career. It is not his fault that his standard is somewhere around lower half of Championship or League 1. 10 or 15 years ago we had players like Dunne and Distin. Eli isn't fit to lace their boots. Nothing to do with gorging on success or being humble. But there is no point in having a discussion about the merits of any player if we can't acknowledge that the Mangler was a complete failure. If he's our centre half last year the Dippers are champions. We got it horribly wrong with this player. We should say so.
He has just signed for one of the top teams in Spain who are in the CL this year so clearly his standard is not Championship or League 1. You think Pep would have had him anywhere near the team if that was the case. He made 17 appearance all in all 17/18. Mangala is streets ahead of Distin and Dunne, take off the blue specs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.