Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Damanino, 9 Jul 2018.

1. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

This will be one of the debating points for years to come. At his best he was brilliant, at his worst a bit of a horror show. But we forget the majority of his games were decent, not significantly better or worse than the rest of the team. Without injhuries we just dont know what kind of form level he would have got to. His 2nd half performance against the rags when Vinnie had to go off a classic example where he was just solid, no mistakes. We had a single goal lead and it could have got hairy but our defense was easily on top of the rags with Mangala and Otamendi as the back 2. Defo not our worst signing ever for me.

Blue Elvis likes this.
  2. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Good luck to him, hope this move works out for him

3. Rammyblues

Rammyblues

Good luck to you hope you find your feet and enjoy yourself once more.

4. 7evens

7evens

Ahhh, that makes more sense. I suppose I can answer that question by giving you another one, though: Richard Dunne was consistently one of the best mid-table centre-backs in the Premier League for six/seven years. Would Mangala have been able to achieve that? I'm not so sure he would have.

5. Dribble

Dribble

Would Dunne have flourished in a top 4 club back then? Dunne was about the best we could hope for in the 2000s. No one asked him to play out from the back, be able to have a passing accuracy approaching 90%, or to be able to do anything more than splatter an opposing attacker, & then hoof the ball up to Bernardo Corradi & Darius Vassel.

Are you saying Dunne would survive one match under Pep, or that Mangler would still have not been up to standard if managed by Stuart "Beeny the Horse" Pearce?

6. Coatigan

Coatigan

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    That's because 32m is whst we paid for him.

The rest was speculation that we paid an equal share to buy out his 3rd party ownership, which, the club spent months refusing to do. the fee we paid was 32m.

7. catalyst

catalyst

Good luck to him. Good on the club to take care of him till the final day.

8. RandomJ

RandomJ

Good to have him off the books at last. Nothing against him he just wasn’t suited to us. Hope he can get his career back on track in Spain.

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

This is the thing with some players. It is only the horror shows that stick in people's minds and no matter what they do after that it is the howlers, misplaced passes, out of position instances that take centre stage. I think I will always remember the volley near taking the upright out of its socket on his debut!

10. Le Havre Oswald

Le Havre Oswald

Seems like a lovely Lad and never moaned once.
    Not his fault we payed that much cash for him. Wouldnt get in my sunday league team tho.
    Best of luck The Mangler