Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

Maybe I have just wiped it from my memory but I can't even remember him making any bad mistakes/decisions that cost us? In fact he really helped us out and was fairly solid in his 20 or so appearances under Pep.

Not being 'good enough' isn't a crime against him, causing continuous issues due to his passing or rash lunging tackles.

Not at all.

I said it his entire first season, playing next to those two idiots destroyed this lad.
Watched him quite a bit for Porto and he was just as bad, even said it when we signed him - https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/player-topic-eliaquim-mangala-2014-15.304513/page-15. Only explanation is that our scouts must have been really baked when signing him and Bony.

Clichy (was faultless in his first season) and Demi were bought for peanuts and contributed a huge part to our title wins in 11-12 and 13-14. Will never have a bad word to say about them.

Last edited:
Watched him quite a bit for Porto and he was just as bad, even said it when we signed him - https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/player-topic-eliaquim-mangala-2014-15.304513/page-15. Only explanation is that our scouts must have been really baked when signing him and Bony.

Clichy (was faultless in his first season) and Demi were bought for peanuts and contributed a huge part to our title wins in 11-12 and 13-14. Will never have a bad word to say about them.

Oh I certainly do, both of them clung on for dear life when they were well past their usefulness, Clichy especially.

If we want to look at it in hindsight, we offloaded Angelino and Maffeo in Pep's first season to show faith in the old fullbacks and we really paid as a result. Had Pep kept Angelino and gotten rid of Clichy, we may not have had any more points, but we'd have saved some cash AND had him as comfortable as Zinchenko at LB already.

Both Demichelis and Clichy had their high points, but the back end of both of their careers were embarrassing.

Entitled to your opinion mate but I think your wrong.

Nothing to do with him yet played him about 25-30 times past couple years.

Hold on, pep sent him out on loan as soon as he got here and only played him the first half of the season after when we couldn't get rid of him in the summer (where he got most or all of those appearances), then sent him out on loan to Everton in the January and he hasn't played since. Either way mate we've had worse servants, the guy never complained or caused trouble it's just hard to accept us paying so much for him (32 or 40 million was an incredible amount) when he was clearly way out of his depth. Then also hard when we gave him a new one year deal when his time should have been up. He was awful to watch and is the most flat footed footballer I've ever seen, but he's gone now so all the best and that and we move on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.