Mangala

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Damanino, 9 Jul 2018.

1. BlueSkyBlue

BlueSkyBlue

Being "redudant" and "redundancy" have a different meaning. What is he if not redundant to City as a football team? The management team have given him some chances, he hasn't taken them - the management team have looked elsewhere, making him "no longer needed or useful: superflous" which is the definition of "redundant". (*Oxford English Dictionary)

That was my use of the word, but even the engineering definition of the word fits "not strictly necessary to functioning but included in case of failure in another component" - I wasn't using the employment definition where your company offers you "redundancy".

2. yankblue

yankblue

We gave him that contract and it's our obligation to live up to it. It's not up to players to make sacrifices to save billionaire owners money every time a signing doesn't work out. I don't get that mentality.

Just because it's a bigger number doesn't change the fact that this is his job and he was promised a wage that he's entitled to. If my employer came to me and asked me to even take a minimal paycut I'd tell them to fuck off, I'm not sure why professional athletes are expected to take the high road.

3. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

Last chance to get a few quid for him.

I see Galatassaray were prepared to take him but only for free and if we paid his wages too.

Literally cannot give him away.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2019
  4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Absolutely! City were more than happy to pay the transfer and the wages. A contract is a contract and if it doesn't work out because of any number of reasons then it's bite the bullet time. The Mangler shouldn't be the one to make the sacrifice - it should be the one who sanctioned the affair in the first place.

5. LucahArchie10

LucahArchie10

He signed a 5 year deal & went out to Everton on loan but got injured.

Didnt fancy Pallace & ended up playing some games last year before another injury.

Good luck to the lad he owes us 6 more months then he says goodbye.

6. nmc

nmc

It’s not worked out for him. He’s never moaned, hid or blamed others. I hope he gets a good move and rebuilds his career elsewhere.

KCblue, Bpughh, Pedestrian and 6 others like this.
  7. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Quite possibly the worst pound for pound centre-back we have bought in the last 20 years - it is of no surprise whatsoever that there are no takers(injury or no injury)

He’s shite and will probably be at Guigamp in a couple of years

8. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Is that £ for £ or lb. for lb.? I'd put him way ahead of Tal Ben Haim! Say Gwigamp and yer get an English version of the French for Wigan!

9. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

Remember Nigel Clough? How many years did he stay on 'gardening leave' until we paid off his contract. Mangler no different except we managed to get him away on loan.

10. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat