Manu Garcia

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ric, 11 Jan 2017.

1. twosips

twosips

Signed on a permanent transfer for Sporting Gijon. Five year contract. No idea if theres a buyback clause (presume so) but wasn't expecting that!

2. Gabriel

Gabriel

Reading the Spanish media, it appears Garcia was ‘determined’ to go there and that Sporting have had to find the funds to get him on that 5-year contract. No mention of any BBC and the whole thing is rather baffling.

3. Delphinho

Delphinho

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Neither was i.

I had very high hopes for Manu,perhaps he will still realise them.I would strongly suspect we have looked after ourselves in this deal.

5. WallyA

WallyA

Selling always seemed more likely than loan considering our shift in strategy, no?

Even in the 2nd division, if he shows exceptional quality, there is a chance City buys him back.

The 2nd division in Spain is still relative in quality to the championship. And a little worse than Eredivisie.

6. twosips

twosips

I think there is bascially zero percent chance we sign a player back off the back of a 2nd tier Spanish season tbh mate

cjn likes this.
  7. domalino

domalino

I agree, only way back is if Gijon get promoted and he has an amazing 20/21 in La Liga.

I'm so confused by this transfer.

twosips likes this.
  8. Deepest Blue

Deepest Blue

Don’t know how reliable this source is.

9. WallyA

WallyA

That's fair.

Perhaps its a transfer he wanted, this is the club he was at before city right? Maybe City just respected his wishes.

twosips likes this.
  10. Gabriel

Gabriel

That figure, if correct, would make him their record signing by some margin. They’ve been signing players this summer and assembling a squad to gain promotion, but it’s a huge gamble by both player and club. Their manager is the same chap who coached Garcia as a youngster (some other players from that youth team also appear to be there and they appear close) and they are both from Oviedo. As I said earlier, I get the impression that the player has driven this move.

BlueindianNewcity and twosips like this.