Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manuel Pellegrini

Totally gobsmacked that some folks think those substitutions were in any way acceptable.
We were totally in control of the game before them.
Within 5 minutes we started to fall apart and within 10 had hit the panic button.

Don't get me wrong i'm delighted we won but to take off an uninjured Milner (rated 8 in most newspapers) was sheer folly which rendered my fingernails virtually non existent. Indeed, without a fabulous save from Joe they would have equalised.

Now replacing Milner with Fernandinho i could just about understand but that isn't what happened.

BlueAnorak said:
Totally gobsmacked that some folks think those substitutions were in any way acceptable.
Within 5 minutes we started to fall apart and within 10 had hit the panic button.

Don't get me wrong i'm delighted we won but to take off an uninjured Milner (rated 8 in most newspapers) was sheer folly which rendered my fingernails virtually non existent. Indeed, without a fabulous save from Joe they would have equalised.

Now replacing Milner with Fernandinho i could just about understand but that isn't what happened.

There's a clue in Manuel's job title that gives his substitutions legitimay. There are also clues in our trophy cabinet and the four wins in a row against the scum.

Yes people have got the right to criticise Manuel's subs but we are two days on now and yes we still won!

BlueAnorak said:

Totally gobsmacked that some folks think those substitutions were the reason the game turned around.
We were in total control and Pellegrini brought Dzeko and Nasri on to go for the kill. Simple.
Within 5 minutes we fell apart because the back line and defending midfielder started to play way too deep and gave the ball away unexplainable.

Pellegrini noticed his plan didn't work, brought on Fernandinho and that was it.

I say: great management. Unfortunately the first move didn't work, but to solve it asap was worthy a manager.

At this moment in time he is the perfect man for the job, generally cool calm and collected and the difference he has made in getting the rag tops to write headlines about the club for the right reasons cannot be underestimated. Will be considered a City legend when he steps aside for the next object of our derision ;)

TFC said:
At this moment in time he is the perfect man for the job, generally cool calm and collected and the difference he has made in getting the rag tops to write headlines about the club for the right reasons cannot be underestimated. Will be considered a City legend when he steps aside for the next object of our derision ;)

#Guardiolaout

Now saying we can win the champions league this season .
I don't want to pi•• on your chips Manuel .
But that's talking out of your ar** !!!
And no way will we win it playing 4-4-2 .

baildon blue said:

He actually said we are one of several teams capable of winning it,slightly different........

And Chelsea managed it with a far worse squad.

eversince 76 said:
BlueAnorak said:

Totally gobsmacked that some folks think those substitutions were the reason the game turned around.
We were in total control and Pellegrini brought Dzeko and Nasri on to go for the kill. Simple.
Within 5 minutes we fell apart because the back line and defending midfielder started to play way too deep and gave the ball away unexplainable.

Pellegrini noticed his plan didn't work, brought on Fernandinho and that was it.

I say: great management. Unfortunately the first move didn't work, but to solve it asap was worthy a manager.

:)

FantasyIreland said:
baildon blue said:

He actually said we are one of several teams capable of winning it,slightly different........

And Chelsea managed it with a far worse squad.

Good! Talking about winning it makes all the right noises both for where the club want to be and to attract future players. If he says we are small time and have no chance how the hell will he get the players to perform. Confidence is essential. He is never arrogant nor stupid, he said it in a way that clearly takes into consideration the variables at play. Chelsea won the CL as above with a poor squad. Liverpool won it despite being nowhere in the league. Denmark and Greece won the Euro's! If we pull through and get out of the group anything can happen. You have to believe you can win it or there is no point!

Nothing wrong with saying we can win any competition. Guess it depends on how the question was raised and what MP's response was, but we wouldnt want him to say "you're having a laugh, we have no chance" would we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.