Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
first major doubts over pellegrini for me now! had times when I was pissed off with him but the team are a shadow of themselves and he has the look of dare I say steve McLaren on THAT night at Wembley when the cameras are on him.............looking to the skies, head in heads etc??! then to come out and say he doesn't know why and or how to sort it??? the "project" on the pitch is creaking and starting to crumble and while commercially its going great guns on the pitch concerns me more than off it.

richards30 said:
first major doubts over pellegrini for me now! had times when I was pissed off with him but the team are a shadow of themselves and he has the look of dare I say steve McLaren on THAT night at Wembley when the cameras are on him.............looking to the skies, head in heads etc??! then to come out and say he doesn't know why and or how to sort it??? the "project" on the pitch is creaking and starting to crumble and while commercially its going great guns on the pitch concerns me more than off it.
Me too.

Lets see if he keeps the dressing room. I'm more annoyed with the players. But it could fall apart now. If it does a decision will be quickly made

Rammy Blue said:
If Txiki and Soriano decide MP is going to go at the end of the season then at least we've got over 6 months to get tapping up replacements.

It's just impossible barring a collapse in the league that the club will look at Pellegrini's position.

More likely there's at least half a dozen in that squad who should get their contracts ripped up this summer.

That btw isn't a defence of Pellegrini, the buck stops with him and last night was absolute garbage. In fact it was worse than anything I've seen since Mancini's abortion of a 3 at the back experiment. We were clueless, vapid, running through treacle. It was mindblowingly terrible. No way that the manager can hide from that.

However the situation with regards potential replacements is pretty clear - we wait for Klopp or Guardiola. Otherwise the change isn't worth making because the next cycle of players need continuity and that will only come from appointing someone who can ride out a bad season without losing the players.

Anyway for the moment he needs to make sure whatever this slide is it doesn't effect the PL.

TGR said:
I don't in any way blame the officials for last nights result and nor should we.
yet again the manager set us up wrong. yet again he starts with a 4-4-2 formation.
There was a complete lack of discipline on the pitch a lack of leadership and a collective
lack of desire & fighting spirit.

The manager once again is saying that the players 'lack confidence'. Yes they do.
However when is he (and the Spanish duo) going to realise that they actually lack confidence in him?
The team and their performances are going backwards at an alarming rate and he has no apparent remedy or solutions.
He is bereft of ideas once the 'we will score more than you' strategy doesn't work.

The outcome of the silly, stupid gamble by the the manager to play Silva against Newcastle last week was delivered in full last night.
Without Silva we lack any real movement, guile or creativity. The difference he makes to the team is immense and cannot be under estimated.
To play him against Newcastle when they were fielding 18 year old youth team players beggars belief. However, you reap what you sow...

To briefly summarise: The stop gap manager we now have is floundering. He is way, way out of his depth at CL level. The players have realised
this the fans (or most of them) are now starting to realise this and more importantly our opponents on each occasion realise this.

Unfortunately we have no choice but to stick with him until the end of the season, hope against hope we manage to finish in the top 3 in the PL and then
replace him and some of the under performing players and move on.
When we play well we don't notice the officials. That says a lot. Last nights night it's the management team and players who are to blame. The ref could have sent Nasri off and we'd be even more furious with him, but he didn't!

All boils down to the management team and players!

FantasyIreland said:
jaigurugoat said:
Totally inept selection and tactics last night.
The substitutions were also wrong. Navas should have been left on, he was no worse than the rest of them and we needed his pace in the second half.

Navas should not have been taken off because he shouldn't have started.At best,he's an impact sub who should be deployed to finish off tired legs.

It was simply the wrong starting formation yet again.The fact we have nothing even close to Silva is also a major problem.

Pretty much this. However, our travails in Europe are not new. We look no different now than we did when we made our CL debut against Napoli 4 years ago, under a different manager espousing different tactics. The common denominator under both Pellers and Mancini is that we have never had a squad capable of playing the 'European way'.

We have never had any real pace or mobility in the top 2/3rds of the pitch, and as a result we can't counterattack effectively, we can't get back and cover effectively when the opposition counterattacks us, and we can't press effectively and keep the opposition under pressure. Instead, we represent manna from heaven for even Europe's second string clubs. Toothless in the face of a packed defence, yet wide open at the back.

I can forgive Pellegrini for that, it isn't his fault that most of the squad lack those physical attributes, but what I can't forgive at the moment is his picking sides that expose that weakness, and serve to actually undermine his preferred formations. Even Sounness called it last night. You can't play Fernando and, especially, Toure, in a midfield two, and if you do, you cannot supplement them with a lightweight touch line hugger like Navas, and yet he keeps doing it. And furthermore, he remains oblivious. That team is teetering on the edge now and I am not optimistic that Pellegrini has what it takes to galvanise it.

We are so reliant on 3 or 4 star players it isn't true, and we need a big clear out in the summer. Toure, Nasri, Jovetic, Clichy, Sagna, even Dzeko, I'd happily get rid of the lot

Marvin said:
richards30 said:
Me too.

Lets see if he keeps the dressing room. I'm more annoyed with the players. But it could fall apart now. If it does a decision will be quickly made

Are the players on board with 442 in Europe? If they aren't and they've communicated this to the manager then he's a fool. People can slag the players off all they like, but ask yourself this question, would Mourinho be sat bottom of this group with this squad of players? Not a chance.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
FantasyIreland said:
jaigurugoat said:
Totally inept selection and tactics last night.
The substitutions were also wrong. Navas should have been left on, he was no worse than the rest of them and we needed his pace in the second half.

Navas should not have been taken off because he shouldn't have started.At best,he's an impact sub who should be deployed to finish off tired legs.

It was simply the wrong starting formation yet again.The fact we have nothing even close to Silva is also a major problem.

Pretty much this. However, our travails in Europe are not new. We look no different now than we did when we made our CL debut against Napoli 4 years ago, under a different manager espousing different tactics. The common denominator under both Pellers and Mancini is that we have never had a squad capable of playing the 'European way'.

We have never had any real pace or mobility in the top 2/3rds of the pitch, and as a result we can't counterattack effectively, we can't get back and cover effectively when the opposition counterattacks us, and we can't press effectively and keep the opposition under pressure. Instead, we represent manna from heaven for even Europe's second string clubs. Toothless in the face of a packed defence, yet wide open at the back.

I can forgive Pellegrini for that, it isn't his fault that most of the squad lack those physical attributes, but I can't forgive at the moment is his picking sides that actively expose that weakness. Even Sounness called it last night. You can't play Fernando and, especially, Toure, in a midfield two, and if you do, you cannot supplement them with a lightweight touch line hugger like Navas.

We are so reliant on 3 or 4 star players it isn't true, and we need a big clear out in the summer. Toure, Nasri, Jovetic, Clichy, Sagna, even Dzeko, I'd happily get rid of the lot

I'd add Kolarov, Milner, and Navas to that list. Maybe even one or two others. Fucking woeful. Not one of them up to the level required to win a European trophy. Not even the EUROPA league never mind the CL.

KippaxCitizen said:
TGR said:
I don't in any way blame the officials for last nights result and nor should we.
yet again the manager set us up wrong. yet again he starts with a 4-4-2 formation.
There was a complete lack of discipline on the pitch a lack of leadership and a collective
lack of desire & fighting spirit.

The manager once again is saying that the players 'lack confidence'. Yes they do.
However when is he (and the Spanish duo) going to realise that they actually lack confidence in him?
The team and their performances are going backwards at an alarming rate and he has no apparent remedy or solutions.
He is bereft of ideas once the 'we will score more than you' strategy doesn't work.

The outcome of the silly, stupid gamble by the the manager to play Silva against Newcastle last week was delivered in full last night.
Without Silva we lack any real movement, guile or creativity. The difference he makes to the team is immense and cannot be under estimated.
To play him against Newcastle when they were fielding 18 year old youth team players beggars belief. However, you reap what you sow...

To briefly summarise: The stop gap manager we now have is floundering. He is way, way out of his depth at CL level. The players have realised
this the fans (or most of them) are now starting to realise this and more importantly our opponents on each occasion realise this.

Unfortunately we have no choice but to stick with him until the end of the season, hope against hope we manage to finish in the top 3 in the PL and then
replace him and some of the under performing players and move on.
When we play well we don't notice the officials. That says a lot. Last nights night it's the management team and players who are to blame. The ref could have sent Nasri off and we'd be even more furious with him, but he didn't!

All boils down to the management team and players!

Thats not actually the case. A bad decision or a bad referee is a bad decision or referee whether you win or lose, play well or not.

Manager and player have to take a huge amount of blame for the performance. I don't understand why so many refuse to discuss other aspects of the game.

Marvin said:
richards30 said:
Me too.

I think a decision has probably already been made. Its just a case of when not if. The owners want European success and we are no closer now than we were in our first season in the competition. Unless a miracle happens it is likely to be at the end of the season but if players get wind of this then we could end up with a very disappointing season this year.

We can call out ref decisions all we like but watching those games this season Bayern, Roma and Moscow have all outplayed us, two on our own pitch.

we have lost 3 of our last 5 games and only won one where we still managed to look like chickens in the headlights for the last 20 minutes against the shittest United I've seen for years and one with 10 men. We have only won 6 of our 14 competitive matches this season. That is not good enough.

No way we beat Bayern and Roma both so we are out, only question is Europa League or not even that. Seeing how motivated the squad is on CL night, well divide that with 5 and thats how motivated they would be in the EL games vs the likes of Dinamo Kijev, Sporting etc...
So its better not to go into EL.

Coefficients points will be fucked again but we get used to that. At least now we have a chance for Pot1, because if old system remains we wouldnt get pot 1 based on coeff. points even in next 5 years...
Question is will be 16 teams ahead of us in the main list of coeff. points getting into CL bacause if yes we instantly move for Pot3, and this time some real heavy teams will be in Pot2 too.

Tactically its madness what we are doing, but Pelle is so stubborn he will keep doing it probably until even second place will be in danger in the league.

Cant see how on current form we would go to Southampton and win. That game is not far away end of the month and just after a City-bayern game that will make everyone tired big time.
After that next away league game is sunderland away and we know what happens that place.

Chelsea just can and probably will build up a 9-14 points lead already before Christmas unless we instantly turn around our form which is hard to expect. 90% of players out of from, Pelle tactics on top of it makes lesser teams' job lot easier against us.
Last 4 games 3 losses, 1 win. Out of League Cup, Europe...

QPR up next, and we cant even be confident beating that shit team. They run all game but if Redknapp outthinks Pelle too with Rio Ferdinand, Dunne defence, and Zamore up top, we are in big trouble going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.