Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manuel Pellegrini

supercity88 said:
FantasyIreland said:
baildon blue said:
Now saying we can win the champions league this season .
I don't want to pi•• on your chips Manuel .
But that's talking out of your ar** !!!
And no way will we win it playing 4-4-2 .

He actually said we are one of several teams capable of winning it,slightly different........

And Chelsea managed it with a far worse squad.

Good! Talking about winning it makes all the right noises both for where the club want to be and to attract future players. If he says we are small time and have no chance how the hell will he get the players to perform. Confidence is essential. He is never arrogant nor stupid, he said it in a way that clearly takes into consideration the variables at play. Chelsea won the CL as above with a poor squad. Liverpool won it despite being nowhere in the league. Denmark and Greece won the Euro's! If we pull through and get out of the group anything can happen. You have to believe you can win it or there is no point!

Of course we can win it, although we aren't favourites because we are in the 'marzipan' layer: not one of the 3 favourites but in the little group just behind them.

Saying we can win it is like Liverpool or United saying they can win the FA Cup.

Nervous, but in a good way for tonight. Hope we use Sunday's result as a foundation stone.

strongbowholic said:
Nervous, but in a good way for tonight. Hope we use Sunday's result as a foundation stone.

I'm looking forward to it, and extremely confident. I honestly think we will thump them, and qualify for the knockouts.

Can't see anything other than a convincing win tonight. Still makes us underdogs to go through IMO but keeps us in with a chance.

moomba said:
Can't see anything other than a convincing win tonight. Still makes us underdogs to go through IMO but keeps us in with a chance.

We will be favourites to go through if we win tonight and Bayern beat Roma. We will have to win one of two games.

Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:

We will be favourites to go through if we win tonight and Bayern beat Roma. We will have to win one of two games.

Can't say I'm confident of a win in either of our last two matches. But 4 points from our last 2 will definitely be enough. Beat Bayern and lose in Rome and I think we still miss out (barring Roma cocking up in Moscow).

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:

Can't say I'm confident of a win in either of our last two matches. But 4 points from our last 2 will definitely be enough. Beat Bayern and lose in Rome and I think we still miss out (barring Roma cocking up in Moscow).

This.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:

One game at a time.

OB1 said:
moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

One game at a time.

True, although if we don't get the job done tonight I don't think I'll be spending a lot of time calculating possibilities for the last 2 matches. ;)

OB1 said:
moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

One game at a time.

This, fuck up tonight and we can wish Roma well in the knockouts when we play them in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.