Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
As I remember it, and I haven't watched it since live, when he brought dzeko on he pulled Sergio wider left in a 4123/433 type formation. Nasri sat to the left of YaYa with fernando at the base of central mid. We did get ragged at that point, and he tried to rectify the problem by bringing dinho on.

The thing about subs is that there is no manager in the history of the game who knows exactly how a match will pan out. He makes a call and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. If just one of those 3-4 chances we made in the last 20 went in the manager would have looked a genius. If one of United s had gone in he'd have looked a chump. Neither would have been true.

As it is, he's taken a team bereft of silva and under serious pressure to a deserved three points. We should have been 4 up by the time those subs were even made. I'm not one to say 'we won and that's all that matters'. But what I am saying is that over 90 minutes we were by miles the better side. That will do for me instead of moaning about what might have been, using the power of hindsight.

I know mate, and bottom line is we won, however that last 20 was pretty horrific.

Against 10 men we didn't need to take any risks and dominating with the extra man in the middle and Yaya further forward was by far and away what should have happened.

It was so bad that for a 5/10 minute period Dzeko was actually playing left wing with Nasri tucked in behind Sergio, until he got Dinho on.

I've watched the last 20 again since getting back and it was awful.

We were under the cosh, definitely, but I felt it was because we kept giving it back to them: A confidence thing.

When the wife's gone to bed I'm going to watch the 90 on telly. That's if she's Sky plussed it properly. Got back him from the last OT Derby, poured a beer and put it on only to find shed missed the first half and it had 'clashed' with one of her daft crime series before the third goal. Talk about gutted.

I'm feeling very optimistic. A good win on Wednesday and the season is very much alive again. We have got a great run of fixtures coming up to get the team collectively playing well again.

I thought there were loads of good things today: we defended well, pressed well and showed great composure for most of the game. Again we missed a bagful of chances, but any win without Silva will do nicely.

Not had chance to watch any of the TV coverage yet and doubt I will get through the whole game tonight; will watch some plus MotD. That won't change my opinion that there are some seriously miserable souls on here or that too much is being made of the subs. I wasn't thrilled to see Milner go off and would just have started by replacing Jovetic with Nasri but I agree with your comment that a manager cannot know for sure what will transpire when he makes subs and, what's more, what follows may not be all down to the changes made, which I believe was the case today: ridiculous lack of composure shown by City at the end could well have transpired if Milner, for instance, had been on the park. The players City had out there should have been perfectly capable of passing the ball to one another and making their extra man count but they let nerves get to them. This is not the first time, by any means, that they have displayed this fragility: it's a recurring problem and a maddening one but it is not Pellegrini's fault.

TGR said:
Ray78 said:
Some of Mancini's subs were equally as baffling.

And if you don't mind what on earth is the relevance of that post?

Just mentioning that both managers have or had the tendency not to make the right call and too much fuss was made over his subs. It was also a poor fishing trip.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
I know mate, and bottom line is we won, however that last 20 was pretty horrific.

Against 10 men we didn't need to take any risks and dominating with the extra man in the middle and Yaya further forward was by far and away what should have happened.

It was so bad that for a 5/10 minute period Dzeko was actually playing left wing with Nasri tucked in behind Sergio, until he got Dinho on.

I've watched the last 20 again since getting back and it was awful.

We were under the cosh, definitely, but I felt it was because we kept giving it back to them: A confidence thing.

When the wife's gone to bed I'm going to watch the 90 on telly. That's if she's Sky plussed it properly. Got back him from the last OT Derby, poured a beer and put it on only to find shed missed the first half and it had 'clashed' with one of her daft crime series before the third goal. Talk about gutted.

I'm feeling very optimistic. A good win on Wednesday and the season is very much alive again. We have got a great run of fixtures coming up to get the team collectively playing well again.
You
I thought there were loads of good things today: we defended well, pressed well and showed great composure for most of the game. Again we missed a bagful of chances, but any win without Silva will do nicely.

Not had chance to watch any of the TV coverage yet and doubt I will get through the whole game tonight; will watch some plus MotD. That won't change my opinion that there are some seriously miserable souls on here or that too much is being made of the subs. I wasn't thrilled to see Milner go off and would just have started by replacing Jovetic with Nasri but I agree with your comment that a manager cannot know for sure what will transpire when he makes subs and, what's more, what follows may not be all down to the changes made, which I believe was the case today: ridiculous lack of composure shown by City at the end could well have transpired if Milner, for instance, had been on the park. The players City had out there should have been perfectly capable of passing the ball to one another and making their extra man count but they let nerves get to them. This is not the first time, by any means, that they have displayed this fragility: it's a recurring problem and a maddening one but it is not Pellegrini's fault.[/quote]

We know it can't be The managers fault as that is simply not allowed on this forum.
So who's fault is it?
Discuss:

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We have got a great run of fixtures coming up to get the team collectively playing well again.

You're right about the fixture list, no easy games in the Prem but the run up to the new year is a great opportunity to put some heat on Chelsea.

There were definitely plenty of positives today, it was a shame that Jovetic didn't step up, and hopefully Merlin will be back after the international break.

Raise a glass to 4-2-3-1 ;-)

TGR said:
OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You

Not had chance to watch any of the TV coverage yet and doubt I will get through the whole game tonight; will watch some plus MotD. That won't change my opinion that there are some seriously miserable souls on here or that too much is being made of the subs. I wasn't thrilled to see Milner go off and would just have started by replacing Jovetic with Nasri but I agree with your comment that a manager cannot know for sure what will transpire when he makes subs and, what's more, what follows may not be all down to the changes made, which I believe was the case today: ridiculous lack of composure shown by City at the end could well have transpired if Milner, for instance, had been on the park. The players City had out there should have been perfectly capable of passing the ball to one another and making their extra man count but they let nerves get to them. This is not the first time, by any means, that they have displayed this fragility: it's a recurring problem and a maddening one but it is not Pellegrini's fault.[/quote]

We know it can't be The managers fault as that is simply not allowed on this forum.
So who's fault is it?
Discuss:
Too many on long term deals,a rigid adherence to 4 4 2,poor recruitment in the summer,confidence down and getting sussed out by the opposition.
I wonder at whose door we can leave this lot?.

waterloo blue said:
TGR said:

So who's fault is it?
Discuss:
Too many on long term deals,a rigid adherence to 4 4 2,poor recruitment in the summer,confidence down and getting sussed out by the opposition.
I wonder at whose door we can leave this lot?.

Mancini?!?

Although both have completely different approaches to playing the game I am beginning to see similar traits in Mancini and Pellers .... Stubborness to the point of stupidity to stick with their style of play, favourite players getting preferential treatment and clueless subs ..... Pellegrini's blind stubbornness to stick to two up front is costing us in the CL and points in the league (take West Ham for example). Dzeko is out of form and he should not be starting up front especially in tricky games, in Silva we have potentially the best no 10 in the league yet Pellers insists on putting Silva on the left to accommodate two strikers which (a) makes us vulnerable to counter-attack down that flank and (b) wastes the talents of one of the best players in the world ... it's as plain as the nose on your face that when Silva moves to a central position we look an awesome prospect.

Problems for us:

1) Insistence on playing two up front
2) Silva should be a focal point and not pushed out to the left to accommodate Dzeko as an additional striker
3) Favorites like Yaya and Nasri can play absolute sh*t and still stay on the pitch, they can f*cking lazy when the mood takes them and not pull their weight.
4) Stupid subs .... why the f*ck were Milner and Aguero taken off today, it almost cost us the game. Just one sub ; Jovetic off for Fernandinho would have done the trick,.... Instead silly bollocks gives us a terrible last 10 minutes due to clueless substitutions ....

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We have got a great run of fixtures coming up to get the team collectively playing well again.

You're right about the fixture list, no easy games in the Prem but the run up to the new year is a great opportunity to put some heat on Chelsea.

There were definitely plenty of positives today, it was a shame that Jovetic didn't step up, and hopefully Merlin will be back after the international break.

Yeah, I felt this was jovetic's big chance to shine, playing in the hole, but he got a bit crowded out and nothing came off for him. For me that's our best attack line up, with him behind aguero.

This time last season we went on a brilliant run, although our early season form (but not results) was better then. It will come. We're a better squad now and we are still bedding in the new players. Last season we were lucky they all slotted in beautifully and hit the ground running.

Both mangela and fernando can play, in my opinion. I noticed pellegrini pretended mangela had an injury, to get the media off his back. Good management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.