Manuel Pellegrini

A marriage of convenience while we waited for Pep, but he was always charming and professional, and we played some exhilarating football in patches. I wouldn't trust him with a rebuild of a team but could do do two or three good years where there is already a team in place.

Probably would’ve won the league 2 seasons out of 3 had we not pulled the rug out from under his feet by inexplicably announcing Pep’s impending arrival just when we'd hit our stride and had games against our chief rivals coming up.

Won the league cup twice. Got tot the CL SF narrowly losing to a great Madrid team.

A seriously underrated manager

Mr Average, lovely bloke and left with enhanced reputation but a very ordinary manager.

Still not go over when he played the youth team against Chelsea in the cup.
What was he supposed to do when that game was idiotically scheduled for Sunday with us then playing in Kiev just over 48 hours later? I’m sure that his remit from above was to prioritise Champions League so despite what some on the fan base thought about that approach, he really had no choice but to play the kids at Chelsea.

He did a good job, certainly early in his tenure. But towards the end it really did get stale and frustrating didn’t it.

Thanks and respect to him etc but he’s not in the same league as Mancini or Guardiola, sorry.

Agreed. Transitional stop gap appointment to maintain the City ethos before Pep. Good manager but not at the highest level.

Probably would’ve won the league 2 seasons out of 3 had we not pulled the rug out from under his feet by inexplicably announcing Pep’s impending arrival just when we'd hit our stride and had games against our chief rivals coming up.

Won the league cup twice. Got tot the CL SF narrowly losing to a great Madrid team.

A seriously underrated manager
Don't think it was City's choice to announce it. Manuel just sprung that he was leaving at the end of the season in a press conference if I remember correctly. City then reacted and announced Pep was taking over.

Wasn't a fan personally. I know he was only a stop gap and he won a title but towards the end it was tedious football and he left the squad in a real mess and we wasted Pep's first season with us sorting it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.