Maradona embarrassment

steviemc

Team supported
Manchester City
There's a time and a place where icons become embarrassments. This doesn't excuse anyone by race, creed, colour, choice of escapism (alcohol, drugs etc.) but I truly think that there are certain 'supposed' icons in sport that shouldn't be given a free pass to exploit their lack of touch with reality. I try my best to be successful in my career, however if I decided to be a cock by using my popularity/wealth to snort coke or become an alcoholic, I'm sure I wouldn't get invited to the next big 'gig'. Why is this different for footballers? Answers on a credit/cutting card will be fine ;-)

There's a time and a place where icons become embarrassments. This doesn't excuse anyone by race, creed, colour, choice of escapism (alcohol, drugs etc.) but I truly think that there are certain 'supposed' icons in sport that shouldn't be given a free pass to exploit their lack of touch with reality. I try my best to be successful in my career, however if I decided to be a cock by using my popularity/wealth to snort coke or become an alcoholic, I'm sure I wouldn't get invited to the next big 'gig'. Why is this different for footballers?
You didn't win your country a World Cup mate.

It is all about perspective i guess, many ordinary Argentinians will have laughed and many will have cringed. To see him stumbling about coked up to fuck in that way though certainly detracts from any mystique he holds or held. That all said i would like to know his dealer, for informational purposes.

Legitimately mate? That maybe just how we roll eh. And neither did you - unless I'm missing something?
Legitimately or not he did it, unlike me and you. Therefore he gets forgiven all sorts.

Easier to stomach than Rooney being forgiven everything for doing sweet fuck all and being a ****.

Legitimately or not he did it, unlike me and you. Therefore he gets forgiven all sorts.

Easier to stomach than Rooney being forgiven everything for doing sweet fuck all and being a ****.
Who brought Rooney into this FFS? What has that got to do with my comment? I'm a tad disappointed with that reply. I'm not trying to be argumentative but I didn't ask for comparatives. I talked about certain players (Maradona et al) and you deflected into no-mans land. No point continuing this pal.

Last edited:
And FIFA is paying him something like €10,000 per day as an “Ambassador”?

Yeah, football isn’t corrupt at all!

He is a bloated, over coked, over served drunk who has become a caricature of the fallen idol he once was to some. His comments after the Colombia game were a disgrace, but as soon as he was reminded who his paymaster was, his social media person saved his arse with a few words Maradona would never ever say.

He is irrelevant to football in every way except as a footnote to his long dead history a world class footballer who soiled his reputation by being not only a cheat, but a liar.

I think we are all witnessing the effects of the “drugs cocktail of god” the fucking corpulent, self publicist, arseclown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.