Maradona Vs Messi

It was a different era when Maradona played. Not many were true professionals or athletes. Those with talent like his could blow the rest away. (Pun intended).

Messi's Barca just lost to a team with Milner and Henderson in it. They have talent but limited. They are true professionals though and have the athleticism to close the gulf.

What Messi has done in this era is far beyond what Maradona did in my opinion.

Maradona in his pomp would have won the game on his own still the best ever in my eyes

Seen em both, can’t decide. Not sure Messi could do what Maradona did at Napoli or with Argentina (so far). Maradona definitely more of a leader and it probably gives him the edge.
This^^^^^^ maradona would drag a team to sucsees as well as being talented he could be a nasty fuckerto and was a leader Messi even though I think he is the biggest game changer ever when on it, isn't and can dissappear from big games sometimes

I still think Messi is best ever though

600 goals for Barca in this era is mind blowing, scored against every English team he’s faced in the champions league - then you factor the assists, work rate and chances he creates. The guy is phenomenal and the greatest ever.

I didn't see Maradona, but my mind cant even comprehend anyone being better than messi, ever. Even Ronaldo doesn't even come close to messi.

Is the new phrase for getting beat now called 'bottling it'? In that case, did Diego 'bottle it' at Old Trafford when United put out Barcelona?

Is the new phrase for getting beat now called 'bottling it'? In that case, did Diego 'bottle it' at Old Trafford when United put out Barcelona?

Yep, seems if you’re a world class player and have one quiet game you can’t be classed as one of the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.