Maradona Vs Messi

We'll never know the full potential of Maradona. Messi has been unbelievable over a long period of time and I don't think anyone will ever come close to emulating him. The magic of Maradona over a shorter period of time was at another level though. I watched the Seria A matches when he was at Napoli and was fortunate enough to see him playing twice for Argentina. He was the most exciting footballer I have seen. He was playing with poorer club players than Messi has ever played with. People of my vintage tend to go for Maradona while my kids and their friends think Messi is no 1. Maradona had a certain presence about him that was not necessarily likeable . I could never envisage Messi doing a hand of God or preparing for a match having been on a bender the night before. For skill and arrogance Maradona is the no 1

Messi has done it for years though
Not at international level he hasn't.
Maradona for me but it's probably an age thing that makes me say that
Can you imagine Maradona in today's non contact game, he'd have a field day against the defenders in todays game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.