Marble Arch (Manchester)

You failed to mention you were going in before the match! this pub is for drinkers hence i only go 2-3 times a year.Not on a match day.
The general mood in there seems to be middle of the road and not stereotypical as you said above.
I go to shambels square or picadilly before the game for some atmosphere but find mary d's a little over the top.
It all depends on your mood and to some extent your age.[/quote]

i agree bout match days but iv worked at that post office for years and used to go in the marble twice a week in my earlier days and everytime it were real ale drinkers and posties and thats it there were never any alternatives so unless you know some posties or you love real ale i doubt it very much ul like this pub plus it is very tiny and the floors on a slope wierd one really

^^^^^^^^^^

This is nonsense. Not going to criticise the lad for not liking the place; each to their own. But you don't have to be a real ale buff to drink in there, I'm not and I don't knock about with postmen either.

It's just got a lot of character and is different to any pub I've been to in Manchester.

Brumblue said:
^^^^^^^^^^

This is nonsense. Not going to criticise the lad for not liking the place; each to their own. But you don't have to be a real ale buff to drink in there, I'm not and I don't knock about with postmen either.

It's just got a lot of character and is different to any pub I've been to in Manchester.

What he said.

And it's bollox that it's all 'strong' ales. Their Manchester Bitter for one is simply a normal strength beer, (And great) as are many others. The other half loves the draught Fruili. A Belgian strawberry beer, average strength again.

samy said:
Wats this boozer like since ive been on her lot of blues rave about it never been in but pass it everyday on my way to work?

Why don't you just go down and make your own mind up ??

fallowfieldflyer said:
samy said:
Wats this boozer like since ive been on her lot of blues rave about it never been in but pass it everyday on my way to work?

Why don't you just go down and make your own mind up ??[/

i suppose thats the only answer to your question go check it out but like iv made known it aint my bag but i can see why people like it maybe iv been a bit hard on the place (probably reminds me of work too much haha)

Zaba-daba-doo said:
i work at that post office and i can say with my hand on my heart the sorting staff are the only ones who go in there(the people who work in doors) as the delivery staff are out deliverin mail from 9am(the marble arch opens at 12, all delivery staff are more or less finished by then) its not that great anyway its tiny and i can only say people who are addicted to real ale pubs will like it!!! in a word shit!

I used to work for Romec Engineers , and was pretty much based at that sorting office of yours too ..... used to go in the Marble Arch quite often for a 'liquid lunch' ...... excellent pub , great beers ...... used to spend a lot more time in there than i really should have if i'm totally honest about it!

2yopqpf.jpg
1xynnq.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.