Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think McAtee needs to go on loan.. hes not a "Foden case" not at that level. And Brighton would be absolutely perfect for that. I dont see them as a "loan in" club though.

Potter wants to mould players and reap the (long term) benefits of that.
The issue McAtee has that Foden didn’t is that he’s a number 8. It takes Pep a lot longer to trust his number 8s than wide forwards.

Even if he goes out on loan, he’d still need to gain Pep’s trust, so it might be better for him to stay with us and see if an injury crisis hits us.

There are a couple of ironies about Manchester City’s pursuit of Marc Cucurella.

The bidding has been opened at £30 million for Albion’s player of the year.

It is a figure which is considered ridiculous by the top figures at the Seagulls.

It is said there was laughter when the offer came in.

Albion have told Manchester City they will have to up their game considerably if they are to land Marc Cucurella.

But the door has not yet been closed on the Premier League champions as they bid to sign the Seagulls’ player of the year.

Albion quickly rejected a £30 million offer from City for Cucurella.

Laughter when the offer came in,
Artistic licence being used there unless a local newspaper reporter actually witnessed this

Another great player for us in Curle, and lets not forget big Mick.
Liked Curled ,but sadly my abiding memory is at Upton Park half hour late ,just got in behind right behind the goal and see him blast a pen high and wide to keep the score at 1-0 down.Think we lost 4-2 ,horrible drive back ,which was often the case then.

The issue McAtee has that Foden didn’t is that he’s a number 8. It takes Pep a lot longer to trust his number 8s than wide forwards.

Even if he goes out on loan, he’d still need to gain Pep’s trust, so it might be better for him to stay with us and see if an injury crisis hits us.
Thought the idea of selling Jesus & Sterling from our side of the deals was that McAtee & Palmer would get more game time at City. What was the point of McAtee signing his new contract to go out on loan

Thought the idea of selling Jesus & Sterling from our side of the deals was that McAtee & Palmer would get more game time at City. What was the point of McAtee signing his new contract to go out on loan
Signing his contract was to make sure a development path was in place, whether here or on loan wasn't a concern just he'd be given the best option if/when needed.

The position is he''ll stay unless someone rocks up with a bunch of promises on coaching, role and game time and its better than here. We can only guarantee a couple of those this season.

I do think that £30m bid was used to unsettle him,and because of that underhand tactic I hope we stick to our guns.

Even if you think £30m is less than his worth, it is hardly derisory. How many fullbacks in world football have cost more? Derisory would be around £5m.

I can only think you do not understand what negotiation is. Do you honestly think City management are going to open the bidding with the maximum they will go to? If you were the only buyer, would you match the seller's price straight away? It's business so I would suggest you do not take it personally.

I think he will go to you now.I think it will be £45 plus 5 add ons or a player a like McAtee with £40m cash. I don't think it will be much below 50. You paid £40m for Ake from Bournemouth, and this season you paid £45m for Phillips. £30m is an insult and these two players are good examples why we are not being out of order.
Thinking that McAtee is worth an insulting £10m & EXPECTING City to pay 3 times what you paid Getafe
Hilarious
At the same time we sold Lavia for £10m whos a def midfielder & Bazunu for £17m, rejected £17m from Notts Forest for Kabore & £20m for Delap There again you probably think Cucurella is worth more than Phil Foden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.