Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have half dozen players who can play there
Effectively in a CL match against teams with quality up top?...you might want to re-think that...its basically the main reason we keep coming up a bit short...and before anyone starts blabbering about "you think you know better than Pep, etc. etc." I'm going to say with 100% conviction in order to win the CL we need TWO FBs who can hold it down against top quality playmakers...Walker and someone legit on the left...the knockout stages of the CL are not the Prem...the teams we face are not anywhere near us in terms of overall quality, but most possess big time quality up top like Benzema and Vinicius, Jr., Kane and Son, a young Mbappe and Falcao and also playmakers like Modric, Erickson, and Bernardo...these kind of teams don't need to out play you...they can hurt you in the blink of an eye...it's extremely difficult to navigate this type of format all the way thru to the end when playing with all out attacking fullbacks, like Cancelo, or makeshift ones like Zinchenko...our plan works great in the Prem against basically everyone but Liverpool and Tottenham who have one thing in common, legit talent up top...look at the amount of goals we surrendered in aggregate against Real, Liverpool, Monaco, and Tottenham in recent CLs under Pep...Even Lyon scored 3 in a one off...this NEVER happens over two games in the Prem where Cancelo can run around freely without worrying about what's happening in behind him for example...FBs becoming extra mid fielders, playing in inverted roles and what not, I get it... but those halting results in the CL are not a coincidence...coincidences don't just keep happening every year...we don't need to make ourselves vulnerable in the back, specifically in the wide spaces, in order to beat any of those teams...we can either blow their doors off or win in a blink first game with 5 or 6 in attack with all the quality we have...I know many on here don't hold the CL in high regard but the reality of the matter is you have to win in Europe to attain that sort of historic team level...I want us to win it, the sooner the better...and having legit cover against the Reals, Bayerns, Barcas across the entirety of the back four is a good place to start...one man's opinion...

Unlikely we will sign cucurella. Think we are going to the cheaper option. Alex grimaldo

Effectively in a CL match against teams with quality up top?...you might want to re-think that...its basically the main reason we keep coming up a bit short...and before anyone starts blabbering about "you think you know better than Pep, etc. etc." I'm going to say with 100% conviction in order to win the CL we need TWO FBs who can hold it down against top quality playmakers...Walker and someone legit on the left...the knockout stages of the CL are not the Prem...the teams we face are not anywhere near us in terms of overall quality, but most possess big time quality up top like Benzema and Vinicius, Jr., Kane and Son, a young Mbappe and Falcao and also playmakers like Modric, Erickson, and Bernardo...these kind of teams don't need to out play you...they can hurt you in the blink of an eye...it's extremely difficult to navigate this type of format all the way thru to the end when playing with all out attacking fullbacks, like Cancelo, or makeshift ones like Zinchenko...our plan works great in the Prem against basically everyone but Liverpool and Tottenham who have one thing in common, legit talent up top...look at the amount of goals we surrendered in aggregate against Real, Liverpool, Monaco, and Tottenham in recent CLs under Pep...Even Lyon scored 3 in a one off...this NEVER happens over two games in the Prem where Cancelo can run around freely without worrying about what's happening in behind him for example...FBs becoming extra mid fielders, playing in inverted roles and what not, I get it... but those halting results in the CL are not a coincidence...coincidences don't just keep happening every year...we don't need to make ourselves vulnerable in the back, specifically in the wide spaces, in order to beat any of those teams...we can either blow their doors off or win in a blink first game with 5 or 6 in attack with all the quality we have...I know many on here don't hold the CL in high regard but the reality of the matter is you have to win in Europe to attain that sort of historic team level...I want us to win it, the sooner the better...and having legit cover against the Reals, Bayerns, Barcas across the entirety of the back four is a good place to start...one man's opinion...
Paragraphs please

Paragraphs please
Other than a grammatical critique, do you have an opinion on the content? I would think if you're going to comment you would at least share your thoughts on the content as well, lol...

Other than a grammatical critique, do you have an opinion on the content? I would think if you're going to comment you would at least share your thoughts on the content as well, lol...
It might be great but I can’t attempt it because the letters are attacking me :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.