Marca

Cityisland

Little snippet about Higuaín, Gago and Van der Vaart.

Cant find any story tho. Can anyone else?

<a class="postlink" href="http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marca.com%2F&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=b1ie7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... s&fr=b1ie7</a>

Edit: its down the bottom of the page next to the picture of the newspaper.

Wow... thats some feeder club.... :-)

All seem within our reach... Shame the story is only in the paper version....

Anyone live in Spain????

Also does this make sense with people saying we are meeting with Valencia over Silva too...

This has been translated on one of the other threads, but I can't remember which one. I'd have all 3 of them in a flash and they all seem the type of player some of the more better-positioned clubs would not bother going for, unlike Silva and Torres. Would be very happy with this.

Manchester City are ready to send shockwaves through their rivals by opening talks on a triple swoop for Real Madrid stars Gonzalo Higuain, Rafael van der Vaart and Fernando Gago.

Roberto Mancini has again been promised a huge war chest in a bid to fight for the title this season and believes the three La Liga stars can take his side to the next level - according to Spanish newspaper Marca, which has close links to the Bernabeu.

Eastlands officials are said to be already in the Spanish capital to talk business as Madrid prepare to sell off some of their expendable players for their own assault on the transfer market.

Jose Mourinho will not be allowed the same mega-budget as last year, meaning players need to leave to fund moves for the likes of Benfica star Angel di Maria, Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard and Chelsea left back Ashley Cole.

City came close to signing tough-tackling midfielder Gago in January and have also monitored Higuain's stuttering contract talks at the Bernabeu. It seems they are now also keen on Holland playmaker Van der Vaart, who has been linked to Manchester United in recent days.

Mourinho will get a veto on the deals and Argentina international Gago established himself as a regular pick in the second half of the season, ahead of Lassana Diarra.

Argentina striker Higuain was Madrid's top scorer in La Liga but is not seen by his bosses as a 'Galactico' and talks to increase his salary have been far from satisfactory.

The 22-year-old is on just £15,000 a week and wants a deal closer to £80,000, but the latest offer put to his representatives is believed to be closed to the £50,000 mark.

Van der Vaart is another player who won over coach Manuel Pellegrini last season after starting the season without a squad number and being earmarked for the exit.

The 27-year-old proved to be a consistent performer towards the end of the season, but his future is now again in doubt as Madrid target a host of midfielders such as Di Maria, Gerrard, Valencia's David Silva and Roma captain Daniele de Rossi.
Silva, however, is another player City are reportedly chasing with Spanish daily AS claiming Manchester City chief executive Gary Cook is set to arrive in Valencia on Thursday to discuss a move for the one-time Manchester United transfer target.

From the Mail ^

Would be absolutely delighted if we got all 3. Of course everyone knows about the abilities of Van Der Vaart and Higuain but Gago was excellent in the second half of the season for Madrid and would be an upgrade on our current midfielders

For some reason these reports seem to make more sense than others so far. Not sure we will get all three but they are all players who would improve us.

Also Silva relates to the other story...

I think this might be the first bit of info (apart from Milner bid) that i believe

It seems to add up, Garry Cook and City officials supposedly in Spain for talks with Real over Gago, VDV and Higuain, along with Silva. Hmm, this could get interesting...

Hmmm.. Has Tolmie or Ajay or whoever said that this is definitely happening...?

Because until they say it, I don't believe it.

;-p

Johnny_on said:
For some reason these reports seem to make more sense than others so far. Not sure we will get all three but they are all players who would improve us.

Also Silva relates to the other story...

I think this might be the first bit of info (apart from Milner bid) that i believe

True. For me the 3 players listed above from Madrid are in that second tier of player, just below the world class ones which i don't think we can get yet. Silva is world class. Ade, Tevez and co are in that second tier too, (again just in my eyes). I know people think Ade is in the world class mould, and I can see why that they think that, but I don't think he would walk into any team in the world like the world class Ronaldo's, Torres, Messi etc. Nothing wrong with 'only' being able to attract that second tier of player, as they too are fucking class players. This is why I think this 3 from Madrid story has more legs than the Silva one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.