Marcus Rashford lobbying govt to help vulnerable children

It’ll be the same one they gave Komapny for his work with the homeless.

Honestly, some people are so cynical thinking it is about getting viewers when they can’t win awards for sporting achievements.

Absolutely. Still deserves recognition though for making far right monsters choke on their quail eggs and truffles over their Daily Mail in the morning
They didnt teach me about truffle and quail eating Daily Mail reading right wing monsters at St Robert's. I doubt whether l would have believed that once l had got to the lovely Miss Lambert' s class.
A lot of pressure was put on the government by over 2000 paediatricians, politicians of all sides, local and national politicians of all parties and of course the tireless charities in this field to ensure the school meals come out of our money (or our future debts). It was not just one PR campaign.
Daily Mail reading truffle eaters - FFS. You've swallowed too many 6th form political stereotypes for your brekkie.

Whilst I think what he has been doing is great it still doesnt sit right with me, that he keeps getting rewards.

I know a lady around here been running foodbanks for years also runs a kitchen showing people how to make the most of the food they have. She has just open a cheap priced shop that only people in need can shop at. She has been providing hot meals though school holidays for years as well. She badgers local councillors and MP's for funds etc.

There are lots of these people in most of our communities who do this type of work after doing a 40hr working week, or as this lady herself is in poor health but puts others before her. Every little town around me has foodbanks and volunteers.

I guess if Rashford is bringing this to light by being a high profile footballer than it might take some of the weight of volunteers in our community.

Perhaps it's a personal thing about getting awards some people love getting them some people refuse them.

We once had a golf club captain who told me he only took the top directors job at a big charity because he wanted a knighthood, not to help the kids plus the salary was good. I found that hard to understand, I thought people who worked in charities were there because they believed in the work, not for the money and chasing honours.
He didnt get a knighthood ;)

PS I am not saying Rashford is just doing it his own good and to get rewards

Last edited:
You're spot on mate but that's the way it is I'm afraid.
It's nothing and everything to do with the team he plays for. The lad himself clearly wants to make a difference, and fair play for what he's doing , but it's the excessive PR spin for me. No doubt his 'management team', the club and the Rag's at Media City have a lot to do with it.

Plenty of other players do stuff for charity, or put their hands in their pockets, but nobody hears about it.

They didnt teach me about truffle and quail eating Daily Mail reading right wing monsters at St Robert's. I doubt whether l would have believed that once l had got to the lovely Miss Lambert' s class.
A lot of pressure was put on the government by over 2000 paediatricians, politicians of all sides, local and national politicians of all parties and of course the tireless charities in this field to ensure the school meals come out of our money (or our future debts). It was not just one PR campaign.
Daily Mail reading truffle eaters - FFS. You've swallowed too many 6th form political stereotypes for your brekkie.
Chill out Mike. I know al too well that plenty of others were involved. But as others have alluded to, would the BBC and others in the media have really given a shit without a rag and England player as the figurehead? Debatable. And so it was a good thing that he got involved.
Anything that manages to humiliate the cretinous Dominic Raab and enrage the racist amoeba that populate the Daily Mail’s online comments section is usually a good barometer of basic human decency

Maybe he'll do it on stage this time ?

I've no real problem with Rashford, at least he's trying to make a difference for those less well off, I don't see many other footballers doing that.
Many are but are not self publicists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.