Marcus Rashford lobbying govt to help vulnerable children

Also amazing how playing for your rivals means you can't praise someone who has done something good.

He deserves all the praise he's getting. It's a great cause and many disadvantaged children have benefitted from his campaign.
I doubt there is anyone genuinely not impressed with his contribution to the cause he has chosen. I certainly am.
The issue concerns the devaluing of an MBE, when there are much more deserving non-celebrities actually getting their hands dirty for such causes, not tweeting from lofty positions for 6 months.
Too much celebrity arse licking going on in society. Where the stories about the efforts of Doris, carer who ........., much more deserving and a story more likely to warm my cockles

One campaign that last a few weeks and hey presto. Yes it’s great what he has done but there are plenty more deserving people. As an aside what recognition did Vinnie get for his work with the homeless. How long did it take for Alex Williams to receive am MBE and he has continued his work without a PR firm and Twitter. What about the work James Milner does with his charity or Jermaine Defoe. The point is countless sportsmen have done plenty over a long period of time and just quietly gone about it with little or no fuss.

One campaign that last a few weeks and hey presto. Yes it’s great what he has done but there are plenty more deserving people. As an aside what recognition did Vinnie get for his work with the homeless. How long did it take for Alex Williams to receive am MBE and he has continued his work without a PR firm and Twitter. What about the work James Milner does with his charity or Jermaine Defoe. The point is countless sportsmen have done plenty over a long period of time and just quietly gone about it with little or no fuss.
Vincent Kompany

I said within five mins of this starting he would get an mbe ! Good lad but a total joke compared to what others have done. Now if he declined the award I would be well imoressed.These awards should have been scrapped years ago of course.When's the two hour Marcus Rashford special coming in the BBC presented by Silly Sally ? !

I said within five mins of this starting he would get an mbe ! Good lad but a total joke compared to what others have done. Now if he declined the award I would be well imoressed.These awards should have been scrapped years ago of course.When's the two hour Marcus Rashford special coming in the BBC presented by Silly Sally ? !

Agree I think he should have refused the award. He will have seen the work these tireless volunteers do for their community. As I said earlier. But for some reason ( I might be abit harsh here ) he seems to think his work is more valuable and deserving of those volunteers. It doesnt sit well with me, but perhaps that is because in the last 9 months or so my eyes have been opened to the unselfish work lots of people do around our communities, largely unnoticed by the general public.
This is Great Britain and in 2020 no one should be going hungry or homeless and yes his profile will help but as said what about Kompany, Defoe etc, why just him ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.