Mario AGAIN!

redmizzle said:
80s Shorts said:
redmizzle said:
Nothing wrong can be said about him only according to your exaggerating self. Also, add to the list of those saying he can be one of the best in the world:

Jose Mourinho
Patrick Vieira
Gianluca Vialli
Carlo Ancelotti
Samuel Eto'o

I'll value their opinions over yours all day everyday.

Current Real Madrid coach slash former Internazionale coach Jose Mourinho just couldn’t help giving Man City a “buyer beware” warning about 19 year old striker Mario Balotelli:

The guy has incredible qualities, but sometimes does not know how to use his brain,” Mourinho said.

“Let me give an example of when we played at home in the semi-final of the Champions League against Barcelona and he would not take the field.

“I threw him into the fray and Mario was static, not even giving a hand in defence.”

Seems The Special One is either a very active advocate for consumer rights, or… just couldn’t resist having one last pop at a player that annoyed him during their time together at Inter.

Thanks for confirming my point.

Yeah, easy lazy response. You obviously chose to quote half a sentence in which The Special One said Mario fails to engage his brain. Then said Mario did not want to take to the field in a CL semi againt Barca. You can have all the talent in the world but if you pull these kind of stunts then you are a liabilty to the club.

80s Shorts said:
redmizzle said:
80s Shorts said:
Current Real Madrid coach slash former Internazionale coach Jose Mourinho just couldn’t help giving Man City a “buyer beware” warning about 19 year old striker Mario Balotelli:

The guy has incredible qualities, but sometimes does not know how to use his brain,” Mourinho said.

“Let me give an example of when we played at home in the semi-final of the Champions League against Barcelona and he would not take the field.

“I threw him into the fray and Mario was static, not even giving a hand in defence.”

Seems The Special One is either a very active advocate for consumer rights, or… just couldn’t resist having one last pop at a player that annoyed him during their time together at Inter.

Yeah, easy lazy response. You obviously chose to quote half a sentence in which The Special One said Mario fails to engage his brain. Then said Mario did not want to take to the field in a CL semi againt Barca. You can have all the talent in the world but if you pull these kind of stunts then you are a liabilty to the club.

Attitude, different matter. Quality, unquestionable. I don't know why you're still rumbling on.

redmizzle said:
80s Shorts said:
redmizzle said:

Attitude, different matter. Quality, unquestionable. I don't know why you're still rumbling on.

Oh, sorry I thought this was a discussion. I didnt realise all threads ended after you have posted your opinion. Fkin balloon.

redmizzle said:
What did they say? That Mario does not have quality? Which, if I need to remind you, is what you're claimimg with your ''i don't see what the fuss is about'' stance and that joke of a list you posted earlier. His attitude is a different matter, his qualities are unquestionable.

All though both are necessary, attitude is more important than quality. I think United's 19 titles show that.

And what unquestionable qualities do you refer to exactly, which seems to make him immune to criticism and questioning?

Matt the Giant said:
redmizzle said:
What did they say? That Mario does not have quality? Which, if I need to remind you, is what you're claimimg with your ''i don't see what the fuss is about'' stance and that joke of a list you posted earlier. His attitude is a different matter, his qualities are unquestionable.

All though both are necessary, attitude is more important than quality. I think United's 19 titles show that.

And what unquestionable qualities do you refer to exactly, which seems to make him immune to criticism and questioning?
What the fuck does the amount of titles the rags have won have to do with anything?

smithy167 said:
Matt the Giant said:
redmizzle said:

What the fuck does the amount of titles the rags have won have to do with anything?

As an example of how attitude is just as, or more important than quality. Position for position, United squads have often been out gunned by their opponents quality wise, yet still they tend to win most matches due to their attitude and mentality.
But this is not relevant to this discussion, you're right. Sorry to get side tracked.

Matt the Giant said:
redmizzle said:

Immune to criticism and questioning, again, only according to your exaggerating self.

Also, it's not up to me to list what his qualities are. Even if I had never seen Balotelli play, the very fact that people who have forgotten more about the game than you will ever know keep saying the same things about him having the qualities to be one of the best in the world is enough for me.

As for your point about which is more important between quality and attitude, very debatable. A 25 man squad of Javier Garridos won't be winning you titles any time soon. It's obvious to me that a mixture of both quality and attitude is important in the pursuit of success, it doesn't always have to be one extreme or another.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:33 pm --<br /><br />
80s Shorts said:
redmizzle said:
80s Shorts said:

Oh, sorry I thought this was a discussion. I didnt realise all threads ended after you have posted your opinion. Fkin balloon.

No point debating with an oxygen-thieving idiot like yourself!

redmizzle said:
Matt the Giant said:
redmizzle said:

Immune to criticism and questioning, again, only according to your exaggerating self.

Also, it's not up to me to list what his qualities are. Even if I had never seen Balotelli play, the very fact that people who have forgotten more about the game than you will ever know keep saying the same things about him having the qualities to be one of the best in the world is enough for me.

As for your point about which is more important between quality and attitude, very debatable. A 25 man squad of Javier Garridos won't be winning you titles any time soon. It's obvious to me that a mixture of both quality and attitude is important in the pursuit of success, it doesn't always have to be one extreme or another.

-- Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:33 pm --

80s Shorts said:
redmizzle said:

No point debating with an oxygen-thieving idiot like yourself!
What a charming person you are.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1490627_breaking-mario-balotelli-unhurt-after-car-crash-near-deansgate-locks

Involved in a car crash today... unhurt.

This happend outside my work building, Balotelli wasn't even there... Just to clear it up.

Don't beleive what you read in the papers... Especially online versions!

redmizzle said:

- Ah so we DO share something then: neither one of us can name those qualities! ;)

As for your point about which is more important between quality and attitude, very debatable. A 25 man squad of Javier Garridos won't be winning you titles any time soon. It's obvious to me that a mixture of both quality and attitude is important in the pursuit of success, it doesn't always have to be one extreme or another.

I agree, which is why I said above that both are necessary.

And could we please be civil here? I mean, even if we do not share each others opinions, we are all City fans right? Understanding an opinion is not required, but I do think we should respect each other's right to think and feel differently.

Just because I personally think we could have a better player for Mario in our squad does not mean I don't scream at the top of my lungs in euphoria when he scores.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.