Mario Balotelli in a car crash (P14)

Edit: turns out the comment was made after he tried that backheel in that LA Galaxy friendly and got subbed off lol.. long grudge to hold
Always thought the real story behind it was Mario heard the offside whistle and was just backheeling back to the opposition keeper. But him "backheeling in a friendly to disrespect the opponent" was a more grabby headline.

Always thought the real story behind it was Mario heard the offside whistle and was just backheeling back to the opposition keeper. But him "backheeling in a friendly to disrespect the opponent" was a more grabby headline.
You can see he clearly makes a whistle gesture to Mancini after he was subbed

You can see he clearly makes a whistle gesture to Mancini after he was subbed

Yeah that's what I meant. Yet don't see many news outlet point that out at that time iirc.

Maybe some mistook his whistle gesture for the signature Italian 'WTF' gesture. :)

No he didn’t, his hand went to his mouth like how Italians speak. The guy was a twat, is a twat and will always be a twat. That back heel was one of many examples. Look at his immediate reaction, youd try and show you heard a whistle straight away. He didn’t.

No he didn’t, his hand went to his mouth like how Italians speak. The guy was a twat, is a twat and will always be a twat. That back heel was one of many examples. Look at his immediate reaction, youd try and show you heard a whistle straight away. He didn’t.
I think this is what opposition goalies thought after he'd put another pen away. But he was our twat and I loved him for it! That little spot of shenanigans at the semi that CamelGob took exception to - loved it! And the chicken hat? Wonderful! And let's not forget the assist on 93:20! Not many twats can say their last kick in the last game of the season led to an assist that won the club a title. He had his moments like a few other players we know but the fond memories for me outweigh the WTF moments.

I think this is what opposition goalies thought after he'd put another pen away. But he was our twat and I loved him for it! That little spot of shenanigans at the semi that CamelGob took exception to - loved it! And the chicken hat? Wonderful! And let's not forget the assist on 93:20! Not many twats can say their last kick in the last game of the season led to an assist that won the club a title. He had his moments like a few other players we know but the fond memories for me outweigh the WTF moments.

I wouldn't describe him as a T##T, my description was always "Balloon",

Our balloon)

Balotelli reflects on Man City spell

The former City star, who was recently called back into Italy's national team squad, feels leaving Etihad Stadium in 2013 was the turning point in his career.

Had he stayed in Manchester longer, Balotelli is certain that he could have claimed his own Ballon d'Or and earned the same club legend status as Sergio Aguero.

“I think that was my biggest mistake, to leave City,” said Balotelli. “Even in the year when I left, I played very well in Milan for a year and a half, but after that, I had some problems. And now that I’m older, I know that I shouldn’t have left City at that time.

“All these years seeing City improving, improving and improving. I could have been here like Sergio Aguero for a long time.

“If I had my mindset now, when I was at City, probably one golden ball (Ballon d’Or) I could have won, I’m sure about this. But you know, when you grow up, you mature more."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.