Mario takes Drake for a curry.

didactic said:
zangatangring said:
Drake is talented. In America, the most corporate country in the world, certain artists are often forced to intelligently invent musical sensibilities and 'images.' That's why hip-hop artists are often far more intelligent and expressive than pop stars (you'll only know this if you listen to hip-hop closely).

Honestly, my ego isn't big enough to put drake down just because i desire his lifestyle. He's certainly more cerebrally gifted than ANY of the figures in football we idolise. In saying that, he's no genius (i.e, kanye west or Kurt cobain).

You are either a 13 year old girl from the suburbs or a kid who thinks there is nothing wrong with the way Tim Westwood speaks. Are you serious? Drakes lifestyle is to be a pussy, Lil Wayne clone (how do you clone anyone called little anything?) who begs strippers for sex and then they play him. There is nothing intelligent about an upperclass kid from Canada rhyming about bitches, drugs, money and guns inbetween crying for girls. He is a clown of the highest order and only popular because the majority of youth buy into that generic garbage because they were never alive during hiphops best years.

How many times do we have to hear "Im a young money millionaire?" None of those clowns are getting paid anyway Lil Wayne is getting robbed by Baby and has been from day one. So if your boss is getting robbed inbetween getting dicked what is happening to you?

Drakes boss

895632.jpg

You seem to have a liking for closet homosexuals so I suspect your infatuation with Drake, Kanye and Kurt could be more to do with your sexual leanings. Kayne is very talented but genius? Nothing to do with ego but I just have a disliking for fake clowns. Drake can rap he should just be himself and entertain not wear a Chelsea shirt today a United shirty tommorrow then on Sunday a City shirt that alone shows his fake fuckery character.

Just so I understand you better, how would you class Eminem?

sincity said:
Just so I understand you better, how would you class Eminem?

Should have stopped with The Eminem Show and would have been an instant legend. Still a sick MC but he is now selling to the very crowd Drake and them do so using the same tactics. He is sick with Slaughter House BET freestyle though at his best went not pandering to the commercial market.

New Eminem Freestyle
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sccL3w0Ep_8&feature=related[/youtube]

But Eminem is a different class from the Drakes.

EDIT: Eminem is LIGHTTTTTTTTTTTT YEARS ahead of Drake if you understood his verse the delivery, metaphors, the word play, the social commentary. He is too sick. It would take me about 30 minutes to explain everything he said and what is means and relates to in that one verse.

Drakes very poor
Lil Wayne isn't much better
Eminem is a very talented writer but his beat selection isn't great.
Kanye is a gifted producer and under appreciated as an MC.
Curry is tasty
Mario is bonkers.

i'm on my mobile so sorry in advance for lack of coherence.

i , personally, define genius as that which makes the past obsolete and in which the future bears his mark. kanye is a musical genius and it's been confirmed by artists more intelligent and talented than you and those who say otherwise. i'm not immature enough to cite homosexuality as an indication of someone's decadance. in saying that, I think we both know who's argument has more maturity and reliability.

finally, if anyone's gonna use the stupid and myopic argument that hip-hop is a immoral genre, you're flawed. it's one of the few musical genre that can acommodate social commentary and intelligent lyrics (yes....). you wont find the smart political musings shown by kanye or Jay-Z in pop, dance or most other genres. I do admit that drake does severely lack intelligent social commentary, however, his music is good and he himself is notably intelligent.

I'm not having a go, but I dont resort to extraneous issues (calling wayne gay? really?!?!) just to make someone seem inferior. my ego just aint that big... lil wayne and drake has a cerebral gift that you or I (or the vast majority of people we'll ever meet) have. it doesn't mean you have to like his music or change your subjective perception of his music coz "he's laughing all the way to the bank."

zangatangring said:

i , personally, define genius as that which makes the past obsolete and in which the future bears his mark. kanye is a musical genius and it's been confirmed by artists more intelligent and talented than you and those who say otherwise. i'm not immature enough to cite homosexuality as an indication of someone's decadance. in saying that, I think we both know who's argument has more maturity and reliability.

finally, if anyone's gonna use the stupid and myopic argument that hip-hop is a immoral genre, you're flawed. it's one of the few musical genre that can acommodate social commentary and intelligent lyrics (yes....). you wont find the smart political musings shown by kanye or Jay-Z in pop, dance or most other genres. I do admit that drake does severely lack intelligent social commentary, however, his music is good and he himself is notably intelligent.

I'm not having a go, but I dont resort to extraneous issues (calling wayne gay? really?!?!) just to make someone seem inferior. my ego just aint that big... lil wayne and drake has a cerebral gift that you or I (or the vast majority of people we'll ever meet) have. it doesn't mean you have to like his music or change your subjective perception of his music coz "he's laughing all the way to the bank."

Kanye has not made any past obsolete he is a good producer and a good rapper but there those better than him at producing (Dr Dre, Babyface, Timberland, Rockwilder, DJ Premier) to name a few off the top of my head. Rap wise Kanye is not even top 20 of the best MCs to ever do it. Music is a very incest based business Kayne is successful of course others will call him a great in the hope of getting similiar chances. That validates nothing.

Are you going to teach me about hiphop now? I grew up in the culture used to rap, produce and actually did a few shows at a few youth centres with my friends. Have a few tracks floating about online too I made with friends. You have no idea how many of my friends are still in this as a business. Independent artists, AR people at Sony, producers at Interscope UK. Drakes music is rubbish and would not stand up versus any great artist from the 90s up to mid 2000 era. Singing for little girls and wannabe gangsters who know how many black friends they have and thinking hanging their jeans low makes them "hard" is not great music. He is a clown and he is not real which is why he is being called out by real artists. DMX, Common for starters.

Rumours of Waynes homosexuality did not start with me maybe if you going to pretend to be the perfect hiphop stan you should research the genre. There are rumours abound of him being bisexual and he does not deny that he kisses "Baby" a grown man on his lips. Photo evidence was provided he said he does it because "he loves him like a father." Do you kiss your father on the lips?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql04pyF8jjo&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A7X3_-qEuE[/youtube]

Yip he looks like a straight man to me in his $50 womens leggings with universal prison code of "I take it in the ass" showing on national TV.

lil-wayne-jeggins.jpg

How do you know my gifts? You dont even know me? Silly argument there I lost interest in hiphop when the destruction of the my community and the brain washing of black youth was all that was needed to get a record deal. Its fine for you sitting in a nice home while Drake teaches kids to "get money" so they resort to drugs and guns. This part never impacts you, so for you its all entertainment. When you see your friends and family ripped apart by this radio broadcast genocide you then have a different stance on what artistry is.

Your final statement proves my point and is exactly why I hate these artists. Money and success do not mean talent it just means they have managed to find a way of making it commercially viable while selling their souls and own people out. Drake can keep his "money in the bank" and I will keep listening to artists who uplift black people and the community and dont represent us like materialistic, hedonistic, empty minded bottle popping fools.

Not one bit, its about time he concentrated on football and stayed in for a while rather than have the media following him all over town reporting on his every move.

Josh Blue said:
thought everyone might be interested in another Mario story.

I have to LAUGH at the fact that someone actually considered Kurt Cobain to be a genius, and CURRENTLY considers Kanye West to be a genius. Fucking hell.

zangatangring said:

What a pretentious arsehole.

Yes, such "smart political musings" as, "I got 99 problems but a woman ain't one."

CTID86 said:
zangatangring said:

What a pretentious arsehole.

Yes, such "smart political musings" as, "I got 99 problems but a woman ain't one."
Kanye in my opinion is one of the greats when it comes to producers. Just look at each of his albums and how he finds a new sort of style for each of them. Now obviously some people won't like him because he's a massive cock but that's just him.

From those who claim Drake is a wannabe gangster, you're wrong. I hardly hear him rapping/singing about the streets and what not. Most of his songs are about being a woman and how much money he spent on cars,hoe etc. He's your typical mainstream artist and that's what he has been set up for since he was on Degrassi.

The only people who listen to Drake are people who are rich or think they're rich and Girls of most ages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.