Mark Burgess - Tales from the ticket office!

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Mad Eyed Screamer, 26 Sep 2015.

1. surrounded by idiots

surrounded by idiots

Tin hat on but here goes.... Some of the people in that ticket office at that time (and before and after) had big City hearts and brains to match but were rather hamstrung and held back by management (senior and junior) in all aspects of the job, I know the metal filing cabinet the OP refers to very well.

My name on here is a great description of working there at the time.

2. We're not really here

We're not really here

Remember the Charlton game in 85? They said the attendance was around 45,000. There was 45,000 in The Kippax alone!

citymike1969 likes this.
  3. johnnymarrsbarres

johnnymarrsbarres

Love the Chameleons and met Mark when ChameleonsVox played at a venue I worked at a few years ago. Decent bunch of blokes but I've never met a bigger bunch of pissheads in my life!

Has he been a guest on City Sq yet? Needs to happen if not.

HellasLEAF likes this.
  4. HellasLEAF

HellasLEAF

I just want to say, I just discovered The Chameleons yes, in 2019. I have been obsessed with their sound past few weeks, equally nice to see they are from Manchester. I said to myself, I just know deep in my heart Mark Burgess is a City fan. And sure enough of course he is. Just further cemented my love for them.

Brilliant music, can't believe they weren't bigger. Their sound is amazing. Fave album: "What does anything mean? Basically". Fave track, "Nostalgia".

5. Thenumber1blue

Thenumber1blue

I booked with card over the phone for oasis,in fact me and my mate both did. I know because I put him onto it and we got 4 each at £19

Hillockblue likes this.
  6. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

The ticket office was a shambles in those days. I Denver buying a ticket in the North Stand one day for a change from the Kippax. My seat was broken and I couldn’t stand in the spot because of low hanging barbed wire. I don’t know the chameleons but I will have a listen on YouTube.

For all our gripes, the ticket office has improved out of all recognition in recent years. I and no doubt many others contributed to a collection for a woman in the ticket office who has been a great help with Supporters Club tickets.

7. why me? Blue Manchester

why me? Blue Manchester

Great band, one of my favourites, seen them many times

8. borassic

borassic

Amazin band. Get on ‘Caution’ or ‘In Shreds’

HellasLEAF likes this.
  9. berryblue

berryblue

Gatemen used to come away with heavy pockets in those days!

10. roman totale

roman totale

Was never a Chameleons fan, though most of my mates were into them big-time.

When we were in the third division I was living in Staffordshire (funnily enough) and we were playing Port Vale away. I tried getting tickets, but the ticket office insisted I had to drive to Manchester to get them as the game was less than a week away and I wasn’t a season ticket holder (or something like that) so they wouldn’t post them.

I eventually got to speak to a guy in the office who took pity on me and agreed to bring the tickets down in person, meet me outside Vale Park before kick off and hand them to me. We sorted a time and place and I asked him his name so i could make sure I could identify him properly when we met. “Mark Burgess” he said. “Oh. Like the bloke from the Chameleons” I replied. “Yeah. That’s me actually”.

We met up as planned. Got the tickets off him no problem. Top lad in my book.