Mark Burgess - Tales from the ticket office!

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Mad Eyed Screamer, 26 Sep 2015.

1. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

I was in that queue for the oasis tickets, I remember joking with my bro about probably one little old lady selling tickets. Didnt get to the office, ended up buying them over the phone from a local phone box. Cool day though

2. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

The Kippax officially held 22,000 in those days...
    The Charlton game ...was the same day as the Bradford City Fire @valley parade....the owner of Bradford...also owned many mills around the town,damaged by Fire..all insurance jobs.
    That day in May.was a crazy day in both Yorkshire and Lancashire.
    Such is life....Such is Football.

3. hammocity

hammocity

John Lever (the drummer) died a couple of years ago, his wake was held at the Witchwood in Ashton, by chance I’d gone there at around 5pm to collect tickets for a gig the next night, I stayed for a couple of beers and the ale was flowing big style, the place was rammed. I believe it went on until the early hours of the following day.

HellasLEAF likes this.
  4. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Its crazy in the witchwood on a sunday, can see that being crazier haha

hammocity likes this.
  5. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

But a lovable, cuddly shambles. It's a wonder we didn't win any cups for being a shambles. Every time I have a glance at Moonchester these days and see the look on his face I just think of all the times WWWS!

paulchapo likes this.
  6. KS55

KS55

There was an attempt by local Bradford journalists to suggest Stafford Higginbottom, the then owner of Bradford was up to no good with fires and properties. It failed, there was no truth in it.

7. citymike1969

citymike1969

Team supported:
    City
    Burgess certainly wasn't there that day as he and all of the Chameleonsvox line up were told to stay well away. John, like Dave Fielding, utterly despised Burgess, and, in John's case, with good reason, after Burgess threw him out of a band John had formed.

8. citymike1969

citymike1969

Team supported:
    City
    ...at the time the Platt Lane / Main Stand corner had an official capacity of nil. Cracks had been found in the concrete under-structure years before and the city council wouldn't issue a safety certificate for it, yet that day it was as rammed as the rest of the bench seated Platt Lane stand... There could quite easily have been a disaster on both sides of the Pennines that day.

I was in the Kippax, which as a scrawny 15 year old was a frightening experience on the day, being picked up and carried 20-30 yards at a time by the volume of surging bodies. People I've spoken to who were in the Platt Lane said it was impossible to sit down because there were at least 2 people for every bench seat space.

9. Skip Donoghue

Skip Donoghue

Me and the old man got in the ground late and our seats in the North Stand were taken, we ended up sitting on the steps between rows with quite a few others, when you think about it if anything had gone wrong in the ground there would have been a horror show, the ground was very over populated that day I recon by quite a few thousand

10. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Think it officially had a capacity of 48k with the Platt Lane/Mainstand corner in use.

I was towards the front of windy corner and or guess 60k or so were crammed inside that day. Was it pay on the gate? I assume it was for non-season ticket holders.

Luckily nothing happened & it was a fantastic experience.

Skip Donoghue likes this.