Mark Halsey

Lancet Fluke said:
SamTheGuru said:
The Leicester penalty was definitely a penalty. Vieira intentionally tripped him.

At the time I thought it was outrageous. Watched it back on SKY+ this morning though and it was a foul imo. Absolutely bizarre decision by Vieira, their player had over run the ball and knocked it through to Hart and he just stuck his leg out and tripped him up. Vieira is just a liability unfortunately.

It was a crazy challenge. The only thing I can think of is that Vieira lost his bearings and thought they were outside of the box.

SamTheGuru said:
Lancet Fluke said:
At the time I thought it was outrageous. Watched it back on SKY+ this morning though and it was a foul imo. Absolutely bizarre decision by Vieira, their player had over run the ball and knocked it through to Hart and he just stuck his leg out and tripped him up. Vieira is just a liability unfortunately.

It was a crazy challenge. The only thing I can think of is that Vieira lost his bearings and thought they were outside of the box.

The "contact" was marginal, but that is the way it is nowadays, the tinyest of touches sends players sprawling. We do it, everybody does it, just got to live with it.

Skashion said:
mancityvstoke said:
who said anything of the sort?
If that's directed at me, blueskies2 said Halsey helped us get out of the third flight. I have two issues with that:

1. Referees shouldn't be helping anyone, they should be neutral and should not be praised or respected for being biased whether it's bias in our favour or not.
2. He didn't anyway. If we'd got a penalty in the first minute as we should then it might have been a different game. I won't have this 'legend' (lordloverocket before you ask) bollocks because he gave us five minutes.
i take it you wouldnt ov shared a laugh n a pint with him after!

In my eyes he had a terrible game...

Hobbs should of been sent off for swiping out Tevez for you're penalty.

Tevez could and maybe should of been sent off for raising his hand to Wellens.

We should of had a second penalty when Abe got wiped out, Halsey bought the whistle to his mouth and then as you got it out played advantage for some bizzare reason.

NB: I have massive respect for the man coming back from cancer but in my opinion he was horrific last night.

I like Mark Halsey, more for the fact he gives the players a load back when they give it out, but last night I thought he was pretty poor in respect of the major decisions (a lot of the niggly stuff he dealt with well and could have justifiably booked a few players in truth), their penalty I`m still doubtful of though, it certainly looks a penalty on most replays but there`s one angle/replay and it shows the ball going in a one direction and their player seems to head for Vieirra`s leading leg, PV shouldn`t have stuck his leg out to invite this scenario but that still doesn`t make it right.

I can see why the above was given, I`ve had the privilege of seeing it numerous times, they haven`t, the offside, that was a close call, offside but a close call nonetheless and an understandable mistake, the last man penalty though, I`m not sure what he was thinking there at all.

Lord Halsey can never do wrong in my eyes when reffing us, after he saved our club from extinction in 1999, by adding 5 minutes of injury time when there should in reality have been no more than 3! Yeah he possibly should have sent the lad off for fouling Tevez, but by the same token he could have sent Tevez off for his handbags incident. Alls well that ends well!

Got some of the big decisions slightly wrong but his overall game was good. Tried to let things go as much as he could and wasn't overly keen to card players for every foul which was refreshing to see. Everybody is allowed to get a few decisions wrong but at least there is no obvious bias from him. One of the better refs in the game.

Clubber said:
Thought he had a very good game last night. From where i was sat, he was spot on with both pens and the other pen shout, and handled both 'handbag' situations brilliantly.

Made for an entertaining game (Especially for the neutral), as he tried to let play run.

I thought he was dreadful. As others have said he gave them a free kick for almost every dive they made, including the penalty; their player took two steps after passing Vieira before going down.

Also helping them score their second goal counts against him. Referees should have a certain awareness and knowledge of the game so they can avoid ever being hit by the ball.

The worst decision was the failure to give a red card. Who cares if it was 3-1 and he'd given us a penalty, it could have been 12-0, the rules are still the same. Their defender denied a clear goal-scoring opportunity and as such should have seen red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.