Mark Hughes....and thank you Mark Huighes [Merged]

Re: Mark Hughes [Merged]

Thanks to Mark for all the hard work! Nice chap but think job was too big. All the best.

Mazzer0 said:
I have to say I have been in support of Hughes as lets face it, we may have drawn too many games but last year we would have been losing most of them! Not to mention the fact that we don't have to fear going behind anymore as we have the spirit to get back. That said
I was disappointed by the lack of ideas when Spurs got on top of us in the week. It was clear from the start we had no width without Shauny and that Sylvinho was not up to the pace. Did he already know and therefore care so much??

I feel for Hughes thats for sure and wish him the best.

As for Mancini, ?? I hope the rumours that its a stop gap for Mourinho are true but then why do that?

I really, really want this guy to succeed and build a dynasty.

Hughes was clueless tactically. Take Spurs as an example. Lennon's killing Sylvinho. Why not match pace with pace? Ned at left back and bring Vinnie in at center half. Even if it didn't work at least he would have tried to nullify the danger

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'd like to say thanks to Hughes.

He came into the club at a difficult time. when it was unravelling under that crook Shinawatra and had the balls to stand up to him when he tried to sell players over his head. I'd like to think that realising he had a manager who would not put up with his nonsense persuaded him to finally sell up and fuck off.

He wasn't the choice of the owners but seems to have won them over with his plans and he was putting those plans into fruition while they were speaking to all and sundry behind his back. When he finally got the chance to spend money, he bought some very good players into the club. Plenty ridiculed Bellamy yet they now know why Hughes wanted him. Similarly Santa Cruz showed today why Hughes wanted him, with a very assured performance.

He got us to our first semi-final in 28 years and it's a real shame he won't be leading the team out at Wembley in February.

He behaved with great dignity and if we'd held on to those three leads at home to Fulham, Burnley and Hull then I think they would have had no excuse to do this

First point, he wasnt putting those plans into place, thats why he has gone, read the statement from the chairman.

Secondly, obviously, he has gone because 2 wins from the last 11 games was not the agreed plan, one that he agreed to i might add.

Cheers Mark you gave us some great nights Hamburg all 3 home games V Arsenal Pompey Chelsea I really believed you would make it right take us where we haven't been for so long.

NQT said:
manchester blue said:
It's good to see some people have the grace, class and dignity to wish him well and thank him for his efforts even if you were not a supporter.

To all the rest of you who continue the vile I'd rather you supported another team to be honest.

And I'd rather you fuck off into the sunset on that very high horse of yours

If people have not got the grace to post a thank you message they can go fuck themsleves along with you. See we can all be abusive. Seems to be what keeps this site going.

Liked Hughes personality and the fact he usually had City attacking. Can easily say City games have been the most entertaining games to watch while under Hughes. Thought the City owners were more rational than Chelsea and Real. We all know how many coaches those two teams have gone through over the years. Last year Spurs bought a lot of players and lost how many games? Problem with Hughes was he never got the team to perform consistantly. Could be all the new players. Also didn't seem to have the players motivated or playing with intensity week in and week out. Which is the biggest reason City are leaking so many goals.

Re: FAO anybody saying...

It's a toss up whether I have had the experience of more MCFC managers or hot dinners. I am disappointed for Hughes because I think it would have come good, but the team plays, we support, the manager is incidental.

Roberto, we need a good stuffing of Stoke on Boxing Day and nobody sings the Arrivederci Beswick song I am going to pen and keep on my hard drive.

I personally have been sitting on the fence with regards to Hughes. Not too sad to see him go now though either if i'm honest.

The job maybe got a bit too big for him and, lets face it, this wasn't what he signed up for under Thaksin! On the whole, I think his buys have been excellent and he has no doubt, improved a lot of things at our club.

For me, he is a decent manager and will take teams into Europe and the occasional cup semi/final. The players have let him down to an extent but it's his job to stop that happening. Where I think his main failings have been are his choice of backroom staff. He's not got a strong enough support team behind him and that's only down to himself. The top and bottom of it is that football is a results game and the results aint been good enough and he will know this.

The thing that really has disappointed me was that I heard on the radio after the game that Mancini was in the stands today. If this is true I think that's a bit of a slap in the face for Hughes and not very fair, unless of course he knew he was in charge of his last game!!!

Ah well, well see how Italian Robert copes.

Thanks Mark for all your hard work over the last 18 months. I went on a stadium tour a few months ago and the small changes you made to make us a winning team were immense. I loved your fight and determination to make City a force to be reckoned with and your seemingly tireless energy to make it happen will always make you good manager for City in my opinion. You are clearly a gifted manager and bound for success somewhere. You've brought some great players to our club and I've enjoyed the 18 months you were in charge - they've been a lot of fun regardless of many of the criticisms you've received on this board.

BUT I think your time had ran out. 4 league away wins in your entire time at City and only 7 wins this season in a league that is waiting for a team to dominate it whilst better than any season I've experienced before just isn't good enough. The games we've drawn from winning positions have cost us dearly. Whilst I've defended you in the past and said that the league is stronger than previously with the big teams losing to the minnows (just look at today's results) I was just making excuses for lost opportunities. Yes we are 6th and within touching distance of the top 4 but in all honesty we've thrown points away that would have seen us higher in the league.

I'm sure managing us last season was very difficult for you with the divisions in the team and I applaud you for sticking to your guns and you leave us with a squad much better than the one you inherited BUT whilst we talk of improvement we could also point to other managers who have improved their teams such as Bruce, O'Neil, Red*nap, McLeish, Pulis and Hodgson. I have to believe we are better than them but I often feared we were only as good. Having assembled the squad you wanted we should not have to be holding out for the transfer window for you to improve it and fix the glaring mistakes. Solutions had to be found within the current squad which is the same way other managers have to work.

Yes we have only lost 2 games all season and this is a record that we should be proud of but we have also only won 7 which is only 3 more than Portsmouth! Yes we've beaten Arsenal and Chelsea but we've failed to beat teams we needed to.

This league is wide open and our failure to capitalise and be in a position to push on rather than correct problems and continue to rely on the failings of other teams was the concern. I believe the concern for the board was the fear of missing this opportunity and the last quarter of the season gave no confidence that we could capitalise.

Thanks for the great team and the great matches that will live long in the memory. I wish you all the success in the future as long as you never beat us ;)

Welcome to Manchester Bobby. I honestly believe the league is waiting for a team to dominate it. We have the tools all you have to do is put them to use!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.