Mark Hughes and the Transfer Window

DontLookBackInAnger

I actually really feel sorry for him, as some of you might know, I don't feel he is the right man for the job. However, he is in a can't win situation now, the hopes of the fans are so high right now that anything less than 4 or 5 superstars will seem like a dreadful disappointment and the likes of RSC, Bellamy and Parker will do more to fan the Hughes-out campaign than doing nothing. Coupled with the fact that team needs strengthening, how does he go about doing that without losing the players and/or the fans? As we all know signing players in January is very hard at the best of times and the fact that City has wealth that is known now throughout the football world will make agreeing fees that much harder. Then on top of that Hughes has to sell the club to the players, unless he is much better one on one than in front of the cameras that will not be easy for him(and as our rag "friends" like to point out 30plus years without a trophy). All in all, I think he is in a worse position than SGE was in last year, and I maintain that it was the dealings he made within the January window that cost him his job. I hope he pulls a cat out of his bag and proves me wrong, but I just don't see how he can pull this off.

Not really, most will be dissapointed if we dont get at least1 superstar, but 99% of city fans are realistic given our current situation.
In fairness whoever he signs he will either take the credit or flack dependant on results because it will be his team.

rastus said:
Not really, most will be dissapointed if we dont get at least1 superstar, but 99% of city fans are realistic given our current situation.
In fairness whoever he signs he will either take the credit or flack dependant on results because it will be his team.
not sure I agree because look at Rabinho, basicly when people talk about Hughes and the players he has signed he is outside the list "oh well he isn't really a Hughes signing" is what is widely said.

Adam Donnelly said:
Im just dreading turning on sky sports news
and it tells me we have signed Craig Bellend
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it would be pretty much be the worst start of the year ever for me personally and it will be my 22nd one and what does that say!!!! haha

DontLookBackInAnger said:
rastus said:
not sure I agree because look at Rabinho, basicly when people talk about Hughes and the players he has signed he is outside the list "oh well he isn't really a Hughes signing" is what is widely said.

Yes I understand that view, but we dont 100% know his input into signing Rob. Any way he was the manager when he signed and has to take the credit and possibly the negatives with Jo, TBH, Berti

MCFC_Freestyler said:
Adam Donnelly said:
Im just dreading turning on sky sports news
and it tells me we have signed Craig Bellend
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it would be pretty much be the worst start of the year ever for me personally and it will be my 22nd one and what does that say!!!! haha

it will be my 42nd and mine too!

rastus said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:

Yes I understand that view, but we dont 100% know his input into signing Rob. Any way he was the manager when he signed and has to take the credit and possibly the negatives with Jo, TBH, Berti

And of course now the story goes that Jo(which I believe), TBH(which I am doubtful of), Berti(I have no idea)where all signed without input from Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.