Mark Hughes.... Did it seem right??

sky tot said:
scorer said:
Good question. I would have preferred Sven to have stayed above appointing Hughes.

Other candidates we may have been able to lure maybe Hiddink? Possibly Ranieri? But there would be many names above Hughes.... including Redknapp.
redknap woudnt come ,turned Newcastle down.
hiddink ,ranieri both ok but seriously dont think they would have come to city.
and as for sven weren`t fussed either way when he was sacked,but thats another thread.

Dont disagree with anything you say, though to be fair that was not the question....

I was going to mention Scalari and Murhinio bvut thought better of it, though they would have featured on my "Who would I rather have as City manager instead of Mark Hughes"

I too did not want him appointed but had no say in the matter he is at city whether we like it or not. I have warmed considerably towards MH since his dealings with Corluka and Ireland but it is far too early to judge him on the playing side. Couple of reasons

1) The squad currently playing is in the main the same as previous manager with the same inherent problems. Until you fix those problems we are always going to be suspect in results obtained. Because there no MH (type players)or current staff haven't adapted to the MH style.

2) The academy players have always been with club I still believe MH is seeing whether he can save club money by experimenting with players he already has (notwithstanding having to play strikers whom he may not have picked if he had a full strength squad to chose from.

3) Young inexperienced players (Evans, Studge, Etuhu, Onouha and even Fernandes and Corluka) are still young in comparison and are prone to make mistakes one hopes that by learing from those mistakes they will gain the necessary experience to avoid making them in the future.

4) What MH needs is for everyone irrespective of whether you wanted him here or not to cut him some slack and let him get on with managing the club, if that results in some defeats I have no doubt he will turn it around and we will eventually see the benefits of it with some victories. Last season we started well but finished poorly, just going off one two or three games is not enough if we start badly we may finish well, the premiership is a marathon not a sprint.

Finally if all the doomongers on here and the anti Hughes brigade get what they want and MH leaves after three games (bearing in mind Window shuts on 1/9/08 and Sunderland game on 31st August) who the hell are we going to appoint as manager and backroom staff to take us through to the next window in December. If we do that we will certainly be courting disaster.

The above represents my views only you may agree or disagree but what we need right now is to get behind the team, support the manager and get off young players backs because they make mistakes.

PistonBlue said:
Did it seem right? No.

I hated him when he was a player and cannot see why everyone thinks he's a great manager. To sack Sven and bring in Hughes is nonsensical, I just don't understand it.

I look at the bloke now and feel nothing. I don't hate him like I used to, but I can't take to him either. He isn't right for this Club in my opinion. So partly his rag background, partly his managerial record.

Having said all that, I was very impressed with the way he dealt with the off-pitch goings on last week.

Maybe he'll turn out to be a big success here, maybe he won't. I remain convinced though that somewhere, somehow in the future he will shit on us from a great height.

This sums up my opinion also. To me Hughes aspires to make us into a Blackburn like side, which to my mind is not much different from what Stuart Pearce might have created given time and resources. Hughes is a manager capable of making us into a decent Premiership side. No more.

Having said that, he might just be the sort of manager we will need this season.

scorer said:
Lets see what the next six games brings... if he lasts that long, defeat at home to WHU (and it's possible) and the same away at Sunderland could see his demise early enough in the season for us to recover.

What if we win at sunderland and beat west ham (and its possible), will you carry on being a bitter blue twat or will you get behind the manager and the team

The picture of Fat sam is not that far away from reality. If these so called supporters get their way & Hughes is driven out, then no decent manager will touch us with a ten foot pole & we'll be back to the dregs again.

It doesn't stop there though as realisation sets in that the next manager is crap, so he gets booted & we get the situation we had under Lee's chairmanship.

That's actually what these people deserve. I'm praying Hughes succeeds though as I love City but don't think I can stick it if clueless whinging tossers ruin the club again by making the job of the manager & players twice as hard as it should be.

The Fat el Hombre said:
scorer said:
Lets see what the next six games brings... if he lasts that long, defeat at home to WHU (and it's possible) and the same away at Sunderland could see his demise early enough in the season for us to recover.

What if we win at sunderland and beat west ham (and its possible), will you carry on being a bitter blue twat or will you get behind the manager and the team

Like I said I would be pleased to eat copious amounts of humble pie (another way of saying i would be happy to be proved wrong) when we lift any trpohy this season or next... assuming Hughes is still here then.

I can't believe he is being lambasted after only a couple of games in chagre! I think we are showing signs of improvement already.For a start we have doubled our goals scored from the last prem game before Villa, and halved our goals against!

Two games, with injuries and people are saying he is not right for the job. You are clowns it takes time to build a team.

Hughes is a good manager and he get's the best out of players like Bellamy, Santa Cruz and McCarthy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.