Mark Hughes sacked

I think he just needs more dynamism.
I always found it hilarious that he mouths off so much about how good he is at improving fitness and intensity and getting teams to run more, yet the first thing Bobby Manc did was basically call our entire squad unfit and ramp the intensity way up in training (with noticeable results).

I think he actually bought well for us (RSC being the exception); Bellamy, Zabba, Kompany, Barry, Lescott, De Jong - can't argue with any of those. Even Robinho was good for a period of time.

His problem is that he's just a crap manager and coach, and that is exacberated by his apparent unwillingess to accept responsibility - it's always the fault of 'decisions'. Every time I see him in a post-match interview, I just wait for the inevitable lamenting of decisions.

Top managers can be arrogant and single-minded (and arguably need to be), but they also need to be able to recognise their mistakes and shortcomings so that they can improve on them. Those that can't, fail.

He failed at City because we were crap under him, despite having some excellent players. Mancini showed him up. Simple as that.

I think he actually bought well for us (RSC being the exception); Bellamy, Zabba, Kompany, Barry, Lescott, De Jong - can't argue with any of those. Even Robinho was good for a period of time.
Don't forget 12m 90k a week Wayne Bridge, Adebayor and driving Dunne and Sturridge out the door to be replaced by Kolo Toure and Ched Evans.

Don't forget 12m 90k a week Wayne Bridge, Adebayor and driving Dunne and Sturridge out the door to be replaced by Kolo Toure and Ched Evans.

I think it was more Garry Cook who drove Dunnie out of the door with his comments about how his face didn’t fit or something like that.

Also, it was necessary at that time to pay over the odds for players (and pay them correspondingly) because we had to attract a better calibre of player.

I agree about Mancini though. The improvement was noticeable immediately, especially our defending.

I always found it hilarious that he mouths off so much about how good he is at improving fitness and intensity and getting teams to run more, yet the first thing Bobby Manc did was basically call our entire squad unfit and ramp the intensity way up in training (with noticeable results).

Not specifically related to Clueless but i think about 95% of managers that come in say they're going to get the team fitter, it's such a quick win with the fans. The most amazing thing that happened when Mancini came in was that within a fortnight we could actually defend, that was a damning indictment on Hughes.

With his latest sacking at least Southampton will be stronger in the second half of the season.

It will be interesting to see which club is so devoid of imagination as to put this man back into employment.

He can easily afford to retire on the back of multiple severance payments. And that’s what he should do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.