Mark Hughes tactical genius?

super_city_si

Arsenal score to make it 1-1. they are clearly in the ascendancy. Hughes takes off the ineffective Ireland ad replaces him with Petrov. An attacking move!! Bellamy moves to the right and SWP takes Irelands spot. Game momentum changes and you all know the rest.
I think a lot of credit has to go to Hughes today. He got his team spot on and made the vital change when required. i feared Zabaletta was going to come on and protect the draw but I was pleasantly surprised. I often wonder if Hughes has tactical nouse to compliment our array of talent and today has shown that maybe he does have what it takes. Your thoughts?

you can't argue with the fact that the change affected the game at a time when we were up against it
i'm really pleased in the way we came back at them and then won

Personally think the sub could have been made earlier, but it was a good sub to make.

Certainly turned the game but why did he not make a change in injury time to waste a bit of time? Some managers would have made one change, waited for the next break in play and made another.

Hopefully Hughes sees the difference having Petrov and Bellers on the flanks makes..it stops full backs from being gung ho so our midfield can then get more involved.

It changed the game alright!

Could have been 6-6 afterwards.

It worked, so great. But as a tactical move, it was errr.... interesting as well as effective.

Does it mean Hughes is a tactical genius?

No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.