Mark Schwarzer on his one game at City

would have been a good keeper for us for probably a decade, like he was at Boro.

Repaid us in the end though for keeping a clean sheet at Anfield in Slippy G's finest hour.
One things that's usually forgotten about that game (for perfectly understandable reasons) is Chelsea's defensive performance. It was incredible.

Supporting City Has more twists than the tiger king. It was Malcolm Alison who recommend Figo to City not sure if it was Swales,kendal or Reid who dithered about the move so we missed out because we missed the deadline to that Portugal had on selling players to foreign clubs. Remember reading an article about it some years ago in the M.E.N.
I thought it was Brian Horton?

Edit.
It was!
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...tball-news/figo-nearly-a-city-slicker-1142858

One things that's usually forgotten about that game (for perfectly understandable reasons) is Chelsea's defensive performance. It was incredible.
I've always said, if you wanted a manager to get you a win, a solitary win, no matter who the opposition, Mourinho was the man. I'd say the semi final win he engineered for Inter in the Champs' league is as close to a tactical masterclass as has ever been seen.

I've always said, if you wanted a manager to get you a win, a solitary win, no matter who the opposition, Mourinho was the man. I'd say the semi final win he engineered for Inter in the Champs' league is as close to a tactical masterclass as has ever been seen.
That was certainly true half a decade ago; I'm not sure it is any more.

Agree about the Inter semi.

Schwarzer would have been an upgrade on our keepers of that era....not sure if all would have been there at the time of his trial but Immel, Dibble, Margetson and Wright were keepers around that time. He may have dodged one by not signing for us as we were in a mess at that point in our history (even though we apparently don't have any).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.