Marlos Moreno - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, sorry, but looking at some results pages won't tell you which was better. Moreno was the standout player in the team which one it. He created goals, he scored goals, he was brilliant.
He hardly was that beast that you are implying. I followed A. Nacional only for Libertadores, I can't say how he was doing in the league. But he played 13 matches, played just 4 full games (subbed off 7 times, subbed in twice), scored just 3 goals. He wasn't the best player, Alejandro Guerra, Macnelly Torres and even Miguel Borja who arrived to play just the semi and the finals were ahead of Marlos Moreno up in the forward.

Gabriel Jesus played 6 matches, scored 4 times, was the best player of Palmeiras who were eliminated early due the bad defensive system.

It's because I'm not talking about how Jesus was a beast in Brazilian League and the National Team.

Point blank he's not been given any chances because he's only on loan and they are fighting off relegation. The original manager and Pepe Mel have banged on about only playing those who will be at the club to fight for their future and be at the club for the long run. The team is bad and the only reason he's made a surprising return into the line up is because of injuries. Just chalk this loan up to being sort of rushed. Depor didn't plan to sell Lucas Perez and they didn't use his funds very well. Remember they were playing Ryan Babel until he used that club to secure a "bigger" money move to Turkey and then signed Kakuta out of China. Just bad business all around but they rather play those bought. In Marlos' mind he's making rash decisions because he's trying so hard to impress in order to play more games. It's not really his fault. We really didn't do him or Zinchenko any justice in finding the clubs that would actually give them a fair shot.

Point blank he's not been given any chances because he's only on loan and they are fighting off relegation. The original manager and Pepe Mel have banged on about only playing those who will be at the club to fight for their future and be at the club for the long run. The team is bad and the only reason he's made a surprising return into the line up is because of injuries. Just chalk this loan up to being sort of rushed. Depor didn't plan to sell Lucas Perez and they didn't use his funds very well. Remember they were playing Ryan Babel until he used that club to secure a "bigger" money move to Turkey and then signed Kakuta out of China. Just bad business all around but they rather play those bought. In Marlos' mind he's making rash decisions because he's trying so hard to impress in order to play more games. It's not really his fault. We really didn't do him or Zinchenko any justice in finding the clubs that would actually give them a fair shot.

I reckon a move to Girona beckons next season.

Affiliated club and still in a country that speaks his mother tongue.

You're wrong regarding Moreno. They have shown the same faith in him as if he was their player on a long term contract (imo). The problem is that he's been garbage and has failed to adapt to European football. Because even if he's been bad he still gets to start games or make sub apperances.

Seeing alot of posts about this kid, but has anyone seriously watched him at Deportivo? I have, and while he may have looked good in Columbia he has been really poor in Spain.
Yes it's a new country and a tough new league and we should give him time, but watching some of his games there are serious doubts; he dribbles when he shouldn't, he misplaces passes, he shoots when he should pass etc. These things can be improved on though so time will tell, but my money is on Sancho making it and this guy being sold.

You're wrong regarding Moreno. They have shown the same faith in him as if he was their player on a long term contract (imo). The problem is that he's been garbage and has failed to adapt to European football. Because even if he's been bad he still gets to start games or make sub apperances.
I've actually talked to Depor fans and have seen excerpts of post match interviews with the managers and they keep banging on about players who will be there in the long term whether they go down or not. Simple as Marlos is not there player.

Seeing alot of posts about this kid, but has anyone seriously watched him at Deportivo? I have, and while he may have looked good in Columbia he has been really poor in Spain.
Yes it's a new country and a tough new league and we should give him time, but watching some of his games there are serious doubts; he dribbles when he shouldn't, he misplaces passes, he shoots when he should pass etc. These things can be improved on though so time will tell, but my money is on Sancho making it and this guy being sold.
How many games of his have you watched?

I agree. I've seen three games in which he's played and he's not impressed me once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.